Aug 5, 2010, 9:47 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats close out this series at Chase Field; don't worry, the roof will be closed.
PHOENIX — Hello one final time from Chase Field, where the Nationals and Diamondbacks wrap up their four-game series tonight. It's hotter today than it was any of the previous three days — it's supposed to peak at 110 degrees at 5 p.m. but will "cool" off to 106 by gametime. But don't worry, the roof here will be closed once again.
They leave the thing open all morning and early-afternoon, though, so the grass can get some sunlight and grow. And since it was still open when I got here today for Stephen Strasburg's simulated game, I wanted to take a photo and let everyone see how different the ballpark looks when the roof and the outfield panels are open.
As for tonight's game, Nyjer Morgan is not in the lineup again. We'll see what the update is on his injured right hip and whether yesterday's MRI revealed anything to be concerned about. Ian Desmond returns to start at shortstop. Ivan Rodriguez gets a standard night off, with Wil Nieves behind the plate.
Left-hander Ross Detwiler (who actually has the lowest ERA on the staff at 1.00 because of all the unearned runs he's allowed) starts for the Nats. Rookie right-hander Barry Enright starts for the Diamondbacks.
Check back throughout the evening for updates…
NATIONALS at DIAMONDBACKS
Where: Chase Field
Gametime: 9:40 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Sunny, 106 degrees outdoors (78 degrees indoors)
CF Roger Bernadina
2B Adam Kennedy
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- 2015 outlook: Kansas City Royals
- Werth pleads guilty to reckless driving, will serve jail time
- Williams to host Super Bowl party with Mark Wahlberg & Michael Bay
- Report: Rafael Soriano in talks with AL East club
- Marlins introduce Ichiro in Japan: 'His body says he’s 30 or less'
- Nats roster preview: Wilson Ramos
- Phillies adjust front office as Gillick becomes full-time team president
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Houston Astros
- Nats sign veteran Janssen to bolster bullpen
- Nats roster preview: Ryan Zimmerman