Aug 5, 2010, 9:47 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats close out this series at Chase Field; don't worry, the roof will be closed.
PHOENIX — Hello one final time from Chase Field, where the Nationals and Diamondbacks wrap up their four-game series tonight. It's hotter today than it was any of the previous three days — it's supposed to peak at 110 degrees at 5 p.m. but will "cool" off to 106 by gametime. But don't worry, the roof here will be closed once again.
They leave the thing open all morning and early-afternoon, though, so the grass can get some sunlight and grow. And since it was still open when I got here today for Stephen Strasburg's simulated game, I wanted to take a photo and let everyone see how different the ballpark looks when the roof and the outfield panels are open.
As for tonight's game, Nyjer Morgan is not in the lineup again. We'll see what the update is on his injured right hip and whether yesterday's MRI revealed anything to be concerned about. Ian Desmond returns to start at shortstop. Ivan Rodriguez gets a standard night off, with Wil Nieves behind the plate.
Left-hander Ross Detwiler (who actually has the lowest ERA on the staff at 1.00 because of all the unearned runs he's allowed) starts for the Nats. Rookie right-hander Barry Enright starts for the Diamondbacks.
Check back throughout the evening for updates…
NATIONALS at DIAMONDBACKS
Where: Chase Field
Gametime: 9:40 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Sunny, 106 degrees outdoors (78 degrees indoors)
CF Roger Bernadina
2B Adam Kennedy
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nats owner Mark Lerner on the Wizards’ broadcast (VIDEO)
- Braves fear both Medlen and Beachy need Tommy John
- Nats' Jordan takes on fearsome Tigers lineup
- Mets Wheeler admits it's hard not to think about 2015
- The Baseball Show: How good will Bryce Harper be in 2014?
- Podcast: Baseball in The District - Sammy Solis talks spring
- Harper, Detwiler lead Nationals against Mets
- Purke, Taylor among latest round of Nats cuts
- Has Jimmy Rollins been benched in Philly?
- Roark gives up 3 runs in Nats loss