Aug 5, 2010, 12:32 AM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Nyjer Morgan slams into the fence after catching Chris Young’s drive last night.
PHOENIX — Nyjer Morgan was scratched from the Nationals’ lineup tonight due to a lingering right hip injury that required an MRI earlier in the day.
Morgan was still awaiting results of the MRI before the Nats’ game against the Diamondbacks, but he was hopeful the injury was nothing serious and he could return to the lineup tomorrow.
Morgan said he first noticed something in his hip two weeks ago while the Nationals were playing in Cincinnati, perhaps when he ran into the wall trying to track down Brandon Phillips’ triple off Stephen Strasburg.
“I think that’s what might have caused it,” he said. “But otherwise, I’m clueless when it happened and how it happened.”
For the full story on Morgan’s injury, please go to CSNwashington.com.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals 2014 minor league spotlight: A.J. Cole
- Report: LaRoche signs 2-year deal with White Sox
- Souza explains gift from Zimmermann: 'It was his moment'
- Nats sign RHP Billings for minor league depth
- Braves seen as 'dark horse' for next Cuban star Tomas
- When should Nats' wave of prospects arrive?
- Nationals linked to top free agent Max Scherzer
- Nats add 4 players to 40-man roster, drop pair
- Report: Nationals consider Zimmermann & Fister 'available'
- Nationals need to make 40-man roster decisions