Aug 5, 2010, 12:32 AM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Nyjer Morgan slams into the fence after catching Chris Young’s drive last night.
PHOENIX — Nyjer Morgan was scratched from the Nationals’ lineup tonight due to a lingering right hip injury that required an MRI earlier in the day.
Morgan was still awaiting results of the MRI before the Nats’ game against the Diamondbacks, but he was hopeful the injury was nothing serious and he could return to the lineup tomorrow.
Morgan said he first noticed something in his hip two weeks ago while the Nationals were playing in Cincinnati, perhaps when he ran into the wall trying to track down Brandon Phillips’ triple off Stephen Strasburg.
“I think that’s what might have caused it,” he said. “But otherwise, I’m clueless when it happened and how it happened.”
For the full story on Morgan’s injury, please go to CSNwashington.com.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Marlins' McGehee wins NL Comeback Player of the Year
- Previewing and predicting the 2014 World Series
- Nationals roster report: Ian Desmond
- Phillies coach admits Howard may be better off in AL
- Nationals roster report: Asdrubal Cabrera
- Important dates to keep in mind for Nats' offseason
- Nationals roster report: Anthony Rendon
- PHOTO: Nats will wear jersey patch to recognize 10th anniversary
- Michael Morse is headed to the World Series with Giants
- Ishikawa 3-run homer sends Giants to World Series