Aug 5, 2010, 12:32 AM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Nyjer Morgan slams into the fence after catching Chris Young’s drive last night.
PHOENIX — Nyjer Morgan was scratched from the Nationals’ lineup tonight due to a lingering right hip injury that required an MRI earlier in the day.
Morgan was still awaiting results of the MRI before the Nats’ game against the Diamondbacks, but he was hopeful the injury was nothing serious and he could return to the lineup tomorrow.
Morgan said he first noticed something in his hip two weeks ago while the Nationals were playing in Cincinnati, perhaps when he ran into the wall trying to track down Brandon Phillips’ triple off Stephen Strasburg.
“I think that’s what might have caused it,” he said. “But otherwise, I’m clueless when it happened and how it happened.”
For the full story on Morgan’s injury, please go to CSNwashington.com.
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- 2015 outlook: Kansas City Royals
- Werth pleads guilty to reckless driving, will serve jail time
- Williams to host Super Bowl party with Mark Wahlberg & Michael Bay
- Report: Rafael Soriano in talks with AL East club
- Marlins introduce Ichiro in Japan: 'His body says he’s 30 or less'
- Nats roster preview: Wilson Ramos
- Phillies adjust front office as Gillick becomes full-time team president
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Houston Astros
- Nats sign veteran Janssen to bolster bullpen
- Nats roster preview: Ryan Zimmerman