Aug 5, 2010, 12:32 AM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Nyjer Morgan slams into the fence after catching Chris Young’s drive last night.
PHOENIX — Nyjer Morgan was scratched from the Nationals’ lineup tonight due to a lingering right hip injury that required an MRI earlier in the day.
Morgan was still awaiting results of the MRI before the Nats’ game against the Diamondbacks, but he was hopeful the injury was nothing serious and he could return to the lineup tomorrow.
Morgan said he first noticed something in his hip two weeks ago while the Nationals were playing in Cincinnati, perhaps when he ran into the wall trying to track down Brandon Phillips’ triple off Stephen Strasburg.
“I think that’s what might have caused it,” he said. “But otherwise, I’m clueless when it happened and how it happened.”
For the full story on Morgan’s injury, please go to CSNwashington.com.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals sign veteran infielder to minor league deal
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Detroit Tigers
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Cleveland Indians
- Report: All-Star catcher Lucroy has Nats on no-trade list
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Max Scherzer more important in Year 2
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: An important year for Wilson Ramos
- NL East: Phillies add new alternate uniform for 2016 (PHOTOS)
- NL East: Marlins interested in adding another starting pitcher
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Ben Revere fill void left by Span?