Aug 6, 2010, 7:00 PM EDT
Photo courtesy Los Angeles Dodgers
Dodger Stadium, a Southern California institution since 1962.
We've been talking all week about the changes that are about to come to the Nationals' starting rotation and about the difficult decisions Mike Rizzo, Jim Riggleman and Steve McCatty are going to have to make in the next few days with Jason Marquis and then Stephen Strasburg returning from the DL.
That leaves a bunch of other guys trying to prove they deserve to maintain their current rotation spot. Scott Olsen, Craig Stammen and Ross Detwiler each got their shots in Arizona this week. Now it's John Lannan's turn.
The lefty enjoyed a fairly effective start Sunday against the Phillies in his return from Class AA Harrisburg. Tonight, he faces another tough challenge in the Dodgers, who were quite active at the trade deadline in acquiring Scott Podsednik, Ryan Theriot, Ted Lilly and Octavio Dotel. Los Angeles manager Joe Torre sends one of his best to the mound tonight in Clayton Kershaw, the young left-hander who over his last 16 starts is 9-4 with a 2.36 ERA and 108 strikeouts in 107 innings.
I'm not going to be in Los Angeles for this series; I'm sticking around Phoenix for a couple of days to spend time with family. Will head back to Washington on Sunday and be back at Nationals Park Tuesday for Strasburg's anticipated return. I'll post the lineups once they're announced later this afternoon…
NATIONALS at DODGERS
Where: Dodger Stadium
Gametime: 10:10 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Sunny, 65 degrees, Wind 7 mph out to RF
CF Justin Maxwell
SS Ian Desmond
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nats' defensive mistakes add up in loss to Cardinals
- Nats lose 8-0 to Cardinals on Wainwright's two-hitter
- Span scores three runs for Hagerstown in minor league rehab game
- Doug Fister pitches in Viera, timetable for return set
- Bryce Harper back in Nats’ lineup to face Cardinals
- Nats return home to face Wainwright, Cardinals
- MLB Power Rankings: Brewers making noise
- Nationals dominating opponents late in games
- Instant analysis: Nats 6, Marlins 3
- Nationals face dominant Fernandez in series finale