Aug 7, 2010, 6:42 PM EST
Photo courtesy Los Angeles Dodgers
The Nats look to make it two in a row at Dodger Stadium.
Quite an impressive showing by the Nationals last night, huh? Adam Dunn continued his torrid power streak at the plate, crushing two homers off a really tough lefty in Clayton Kershaw. Dunn now sits comfortably atop the National League leaderboard with 30 homers, two more than Albert Pujols. It should also be noted that Dunn now ranks third in the NL with 77 RBI, which puts him on pace for a career-high 113.
Meanwhile, John Lannan turned in another effective performance (two runs, three hits in six innings), which would certainly seem to qualify him for another shot the next time around the rotation. Then again, at least two current starters have to go. If not Lannan, and if not Scott Olsen (who Jim Riggleman declared will start Wednesday against the Marlins), then who?
And of course, Drew Storen earned the first save of his big-league career. It had been a week since the Matt Capps trade, but this was the first save opportunity that made sense for Storen. (Sean Burnett, you'll remember, got a five-out save in Arizona earlier in the week because the Diamondbacks had a bunch of left-handed hitters due up.)
So it's on to Game 2 of the weekend series at Dodger Stadium, with Livan Hernandez back on the mound for the Nats and right-hander Hiroki Kuroda starting for Los Angeles. Livo has been nothing short of fantastic lately; he's allowed one earned run or less in three of his last four outings.
I'm not with the club in L.A. this weekend, but I'll be sure to post lineups when they are announced. As always, please feel free to chat among yourselves in the comments section…
NATIONALS at DODGERS
Where: Dodger Stadium
Gametime: 10:10 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Sunny, 64 degrees, Wind 7 mph out to CF
CF Roger Bernadina
SS Ian Desmond
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- 'Baseball in the District' - Kurkjian, Zuckerman & Corcoran talk Nats
- How the Nats' trade impacts Desmond's future
- Nats trade Souza in 3-team deal, get Turner from Padres
- Report: Mets may not pitch Harvey vs. Nats on Opening Day
- Souza's name crops up in complex trade talks
- Clippard: 'I hope we all stay together for at least one more shot'
- Nats GM Mike Rizzo explains trading Detwiler; talks prospects
- Nats announce date pitchers and catchers will report to Viera
- Nationals react to Detwiler and LaRoche leaving this offseason
- Ian Desmond goes 1-on-1 with Mark Zuckerman at Nats Fest