Aug 10, 2010, 7:40 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Stephen Strasburg returns tonight to face the Marlins.
Hello from South Capitol Street, where both the Nationals and Stephen Strasburg return tonight. The Marlins are in town, and this will mark the first time Strasburg has faced an opponent for the second time. (He, of course, was supposed to face the Braves in a rematch two weeks ago before he was scratched with shoulder tightness.)
The Nats also will be honoring former Expos great Andre Dawson before tonight's game. Dawson, who now works in the Marlins' front office, also will see his name unveiled as part of a brand-new "Ring of Honor" that has been erected on the facade of the club level behind home plate. Eighteen people who are in the baseball Hall of Fame and have ties either to the Nationals, Senators, Expos or Homestead Grays will be honored in the ring: Dawson, James "Cool Papa" Bell, Ray Brown, Gary Carter, Joe Cronin, Rick Ferrell, Josh Gibson, Goose Goslin, Clark Griffith, Bucky Harris, Walter Johnson, Harmon Killebrew, Buck Leonard, Heinie Manush, Cumberland Posey, Sam Rice, Jud Wilson and Early Wynn.
Continuing with the Expos theme, several Nats players and coaches are wearing tri-colored Expos hats during batting practice today. They won't, however, be wearing them during the game.
Check back for updates before, during and after the game…
MARLINS at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Partly cloudy, 91 degrees, Wind 5 mph out to RF
CF Roger Bernadina
SS Ian Desmond
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- FAA to Nationals: Using drones not allowed
- Detwiler will open season in Nationals' bullpen
- Roark leads Nats into Lakeland to face Tigers
- Phillies Rollins won't waive no-trade clause with record in sight
- Former Nats reliever Bill Bray retiring from baseball
- Souza, Solis, Goodwin among Nationals' latest cuts
- Zimmerman gets first taste of first base
- Zimmermann gives up first run as Nats split squad loses 2-1
- Nats acquire IF Brandon Laird from Royals
- Zimmermann, Gio pitch in Nats split-squad games