Aug 10, 2010, 10:12 PM EDT
Ross Detwiler and Nyjer Morgan each were in uniform in the Nationals' clubhouse this afternoon, each looking to the naked eye like he could play in tonight's game if needed.
Of course, both players are on the 15-day disabled list, both with right hip injuries. The good news, though, is that neither injury appears serious and the Nats hope each will be able to return soon after his 15 days are up.
Detwiler worked out with pitching coach Steve McCatty this afternoon and reported no problems with his hip, which required surgery back in February. He underwent an MRI yesterday, but the the results of that test haven't been revealed yet.
"Detwiler said he feels pretty good actually today," manager Jim Riggleman said. "That's encouraging. I don't think it's anything we're going to get too far ahead of ourselves with. But he did say he felt better than he did the last couple days."
Morgan, meanwhile, was in Nashville over the weekend getting an MRI of his own hip. That test did reveal "an issue," as RigglemanRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Mark Zuckerman gives his take on Harper, Williams ejections
- Harper stories from his college teammate, Chasen Shreve
- Scherzer on his start, chocolate sauce & Harper-Miggy
- That time Stephen Strasburg was on Letterman
- After shaky 1st inning, Zimmermann cruises
- Nationals Stock Watch: Other hot bats besides Harper
- Hershey's pitches in to help Nationals continue sweet celebrations
- Harper, Williams strongly disagree with ejections from win vs. Yankees
- Harper and Williams ejected again, Nats rally again
- Harper, Williams ejected vs. Yankees on Wednesday night