Aug 10, 2010, 10:12 PM EST
Ross Detwiler and Nyjer Morgan each were in uniform in the Nationals' clubhouse this afternoon, each looking to the naked eye like he could play in tonight's game if needed.
Of course, both players are on the 15-day disabled list, both with right hip injuries. The good news, though, is that neither injury appears serious and the Nats hope each will be able to return soon after his 15 days are up.
Detwiler worked out with pitching coach Steve McCatty this afternoon and reported no problems with his hip, which required surgery back in February. He underwent an MRI yesterday, but the the results of that test haven't been revealed yet.
"Detwiler said he feels pretty good actually today," manager Jim Riggleman said. "That's encouraging. I don't think it's anything we're going to get too far ahead of ourselves with. But he did say he felt better than he did the last couple days."
Morgan, meanwhile, was in Nashville over the weekend getting an MRI of his own hip. That test did reveal "an issue," as RigglemanRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Moore, Taylor hope to be in mix for Nats' bench spots
- Report: Braves continue makeover, trade star OF Justin Upton
- Drew Storen goes 1-on-1 with Mark Zuckerman at NatsFest
- Winter Classic rink construction well underway at Nats Park
- Nats recall NLDS, watching Giants win World Series
- 'Baseball in the District' - Kurkjian, Zuckerman & Corcoran talk Nats
- How the Nats' trade impacts Desmond's future
- Nats trade Souza in 3-team deal, get Turner from Padres
- Report: Mets may not pitch Harvey vs. Nats on Opening Day
- Souza's name crops up in complex trade talks