Aug 11, 2010, 7:40 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Scott Olsen faces the Marlins tonight at Nationals Park.
Remember when Josh Willingham was putting together the best offensive numbers of his career and looking like a legitimate All-Star candidate? Yeah, not so much anymore.
Willingham is in a world-class slump right now. At the All-Star break, he was hitting .281 with 15 homers, 46 RBI, a .411 on-base percentage and a .913 OPS. In 22 games since then, he's batting a paltry .198 with a really paltry .281 on-base percentage and a really, really paltry .244 slugging percentage. He hasn't homered since July 2.
So "The Hammer," who also looked shaky in left field last night, is taking a seat on the bench tonight. He's replaced for this game by Willie Harris, who despite the overall wretched numbers, is batting .281 with a .410 on-base percentage since July 8.
Scott Olsen takes the mound for the Nationals, looking to beat his former team for the second time this season. He shut out the Marlins over six innings April 30 at Sun Life Stadium. Chris Volstad starts for Florida.
Check back for updates before, during and after the game…
MARLINS at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Mostly cloudy, 91 degrees, Wind 5 mph in from RF
CF Roger Bernadina
SS Ian Desmond
1B Adam Dunn
3B Ryan Zimmerman
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats hope to bounce back in Miami with Fister starting
- Nats Stock Watch: Starting pitchers scuffling
- Biggest key to Papelbon trade is Storen
- One MLB columnist expects Lucas Giolito to be dominant in 2020
- Fernandez remains perfect in Miami, Marlins top Nats 4-1
- Tyler Clippard says chasing down the 'beatable' Nats will be 'a lot of fun'
- Nationals acquire Jonathan Papelbon for minor leaguer
- Werth, Zimmerman activated off DL
- Watching baseball with Obama
- Report: Nats 'making progress' in trade for All-Star closer