Aug 11, 2010, 11:36 PM EDT
Josh Willingham’s prolonged slump may be more than just a case of a guy reverting to his typical career numbers. Turns out Willingham has been dealing with a lingering knee issue most of the season, the primary reason he’s not in the Nationals’ lineup tonight.
“Just an aggravation that he’s played through,” Jim Riggleman said. “I’m sure he’ll play through it through the rest of the year. It’s really hard not to respect him and be proud of him. He’s played through it without complaint.”
Whether the banged-up knee is to blame or not, Willingham’s slump has been a concern for the Nats and has had an effect on the rest of the lineup, as you’ll read on CSNwashington.com.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Strasburg's rough outing
- Stephen Strasburg surrenders six in loss to Miami
- Braves fan trolls Nats with Wikipedia page entry (PHOTO)
- Strasburg looks to make it two in a row vs. Marlins
- Around the NL East: Braves rolling, Marlins reeling
- Orioles billboard spotted along D.C. line
- Driesell, Kolzig headline 2014 DC Sports Hall of Fame class
- Jordan Zimmermann goes seven in Nationals win over Miami
- Nationals' bench continues strong start in win over Marlins
- Zimmermann, Nats look to stop losing streak