Aug 11, 2010, 11:36 PM EDT
Josh Willingham’s prolonged slump may be more than just a case of a guy reverting to his typical career numbers. Turns out Willingham has been dealing with a lingering knee issue most of the season, the primary reason he’s not in the Nationals’ lineup tonight.
“Just an aggravation that he’s played through,” Jim Riggleman said. “I’m sure he’ll play through it through the rest of the year. It’s really hard not to respect him and be proud of him. He’s played through it without complaint.”
Whether the banged-up knee is to blame or not, Willingham’s slump has been a concern for the Nats and has had an effect on the rest of the lineup, as you’ll read on CSNwashington.com.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bumgarner, Giants stop Royals 7-1 in Series opener
- Report: Marlins may have James Shields atop shopping list
- Royals host Giants in Game 1 of the 2014 World Series
- Sporting News names Mets pitcher NL Rookie of the Year
- Palm Beach approves funding for Nats spring complex
- Williams named top NL manager by peers
- Nationals roster report: Adam LaRoche
- Marlins' McGehee wins NL Comeback Player of the Year
- Previewing and predicting the 2014 World Series
- Nationals roster report: Ian Desmond