Aug 11, 2010, 11:36 PM EST
Josh Willingham’s prolonged slump may be more than just a case of a guy reverting to his typical career numbers. Turns out Willingham has been dealing with a lingering knee issue most of the season, the primary reason he’s not in the Nationals’ lineup tonight.
“Just an aggravation that he’s played through,” Jim Riggleman said. “I’m sure he’ll play through it through the rest of the year. It’s really hard not to respect him and be proud of him. He’s played through it without complaint.”
Whether the banged-up knee is to blame or not, Willingham’s slump has been a concern for the Nats and has had an effect on the rest of the lineup, as you’ll read on CSNwashington.com.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Trade official, Turner can't join Nats til June
- Jerry Blevins on Japan, hoping for better results with Nats in 2015
- Moore, Taylor hope to be in mix for Nats' bench spots
- Report: Braves continue makeover, trade star OF Justin Upton
- Drew Storen goes 1-on-1 with Mark Zuckerman at NatsFest
- Winter Classic rink construction well underway at Nats Park
- Nats recall NLDS, watching Giants win World Series
- 'Baseball in the District' - Kurkjian, Zuckerman & Corcoran talk Nats
- How the Nats' trade impacts Desmond's future
- Nats trade Souza in 3-team deal, get Turner from Padres