Aug 11, 2010, 11:36 PM EST
Josh Willingham’s prolonged slump may be more than just a case of a guy reverting to his typical career numbers. Turns out Willingham has been dealing with a lingering knee issue most of the season, the primary reason he’s not in the Nationals’ lineup tonight.
“Just an aggravation that he’s played through,” Jim Riggleman said. “I’m sure he’ll play through it through the rest of the year. It’s really hard not to respect him and be proud of him. He’s played through it without complaint.”
Whether the banged-up knee is to blame or not, Willingham’s slump has been a concern for the Nats and has had an effect on the rest of the lineup, as you’ll read on CSNwashington.com.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- A reason for fans of each MLB team to be thankful
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Trea Turner
- Bud Black joins Angels after missing out on Nats' manager job
- Baseball in the District – How will Nats rebuild their bullpen?
- Nats bring Henley back as third base coach
- Nats roster review: Matt Thornton
- Report: Nats interested in trading Papelbon and Storen
- Is O'Day worth the price tag to the Nationals?
- Nationals roster review: Aaron Barrett
- Nats sign pair of veterans to minor-league deals