Aug 14, 2010, 7:28 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats try to make it two in a row against the Diamondbacks.
Jason Marquis makes his fifth start tonight as a National, his second since returning from the DL. And he's still searching for his first victory of the season. Marquis was better in his last outing (two earned runs in four innings) but he still hasn't come close to producing anything resembling a quality start. In fact, he's yet to make it through the fifth inning. We'll see if he finally reaches that modest plateau tonight.
Marquis will be opposed tonight by Ian Kennedy. Not to be confused by Ian Desmond. Or Adam Kennedy. Though both of those guys are in the Nats' lineup. The Nats had success against the Arizona right-hander 10 days ago in Phoenix, knocking him out after four innings, with Adam Dunn taking him deep twice. Dunn, to no one's surprise, is in Jim Riggleman's lineup tonight.
Michael Morse, however, is not in the lineup after starting the Nationals' last 10 games. His numbers over that span: a .135 average (5-for-37), .158 on-base percentage, .297 slugging percentage. He does have two homers and three RBI, but he also has eight strikeouts and has grounded into three double plays.
Check back for updates before, during and after the game…
DIAMONDBACKS at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Partly cloudy, 81 degrees, Wind 9 mph RF to LF
CF Roger Bernadina
SS Ian Desmond
1B Adam Dunn
3B Ryan Zimmerman
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Roark makes emergency start vs. Astros
- Fister scratched from start with elbow inflammation
- Doug Flutie took batting practice at Nats spring training (VIDEO)
- Marlins complain about Red Sox spring lineup, get apology
- Dr. Jobe's impact on baseball was immeasurable
- Zimmermann throws three scoreless in Nats' 3-2 loss
- Zimmermann squares off with Braves again
- 2014 Washington Nationals fantasy baseball preview
- Phillies Cole Hamels suffers setback, April looks doubtful
- Projecting Nats' roster midway through spring