Aug 15, 2010, 2:55 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Stephen Strasburg battles the D'backs and the rain this afternoon.
It's a dreary, rainy morning here at Nationals Park. The tarp is on the field and will likely stay there for a while. But I expect there to be baseball today, for two reasons:
1) This is the Diamondbacks' last scheduled game in D.C. this season.
2) Stephen Strasburg is scheduled to pitch.
This will be Strasburg's first appearance since his shaky outing Tuesday against the Marlins in his return from the disabled list, and all eyes will be on the rookie to see how he responds.
Another rookie right-hander who has gotten far less publicity than Strasburg, Barry Enright, starts for the Diamondbacks. Enright beat the Nats 10 days ago in Arizona, allowing two runs over six innings.
Check back for weather, and hopefully game updates all afternoon…
DIAMONDBACKS at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 1:35 p.m.
TV: Ch. 50, MASN2
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Rain showers, 79 degrees, Wind 13 mph out to LF.
CF Roger Bernadina
SS Ian Desmond
1B Adam Dunn
3B Ryan Zimmerman
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Roark makes emergency start vs. Astros
- Fister scratched from start with elbow inflammation
- Doug Flutie took batting practice at Nats spring training (VIDEO)
- Marlins complain about Red Sox spring lineup, get apology
- Dr. Jobe's impact on baseball was immeasurable
- Zimmermann throws three scoreless in Nats' 3-2 loss
- Zimmermann squares off with Braves again
- 2014 Washington Nationals fantasy baseball preview
- Phillies Cole Hamels suffers setback, April looks doubtful
- Projecting Nats' roster midway through spring