Aug 15, 2010, 9:17 PM EST
There’s no one more qualified to understand what Bryce Harper is going through right now (or more qualified to speak about it) than Stephen Strasburg.
So the Nationals’ rookie right-hander was asked after today’s game if he has any advice for this year’s No. 1 draft pick, who has until midnight tomorrow to sign. Strasburg, who of course waited until 11:59 p.m. last summer before agreeing to a record-shattering $15.1 million contract, had this to say:
“I don’t have any advice for him. It’s his decision. If he wants to play here, he’s going to play here. He doesn’t need advice from anybody to convince him otherwise. If he doesn’t want to play here, then we don’t want him here.”
Strong words from someone who had plenty of strong words said about him one year ago at this time.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals sign veteran infielder to minor league deal
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Stephen Strasburg's contract year
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Detroit Tigers
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Cleveland Indians
- Report: All-Star catcher Lucroy has Nats on no-trade list
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Max Scherzer more important in Year 2
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: An important year for Wilson Ramos
- NL East: Phillies add new alternate uniform for 2016 (PHOTOS)
- NL East: Marlins interested in adding another starting pitcher