Aug 15, 2010, 9:17 PM EDT
There’s no one more qualified to understand what Bryce Harper is going through right now (or more qualified to speak about it) than Stephen Strasburg.
So the Nationals’ rookie right-hander was asked after today’s game if he has any advice for this year’s No. 1 draft pick, who has until midnight tomorrow to sign. Strasburg, who of course waited until 11:59 p.m. last summer before agreeing to a record-shattering $15.1 million contract, had this to say:
“I don’t have any advice for him. It’s his decision. If he wants to play here, he’s going to play here. He doesn’t need advice from anybody to convince him otherwise. If he doesn’t want to play here, then we don’t want him here.”
Strong words from someone who had plenty of strong words said about him one year ago at this time.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals roster report: Adam LaRoche
- Marlins' McGehee wins NL Comeback Player of the Year
- Previewing and predicting the 2014 World Series
- Nationals roster report: Ian Desmond
- Phillies coach admits Howard may be better off in AL
- Nationals roster report: Asdrubal Cabrera
- Important dates to keep in mind for Nats' offseason
- Nationals roster report: Anthony Rendon
- PHOTO: Nats will wear jersey patch to recognize 10th anniversary
- Michael Morse is headed to the World Series with Giants