Aug 15, 2010, 9:17 PM EDT
There’s no one more qualified to understand what Bryce Harper is going through right now (or more qualified to speak about it) than Stephen Strasburg.
So the Nationals’ rookie right-hander was asked after today’s game if he has any advice for this year’s No. 1 draft pick, who has until midnight tomorrow to sign. Strasburg, who of course waited until 11:59 p.m. last summer before agreeing to a record-shattering $15.1 million contract, had this to say:
“I don’t have any advice for him. It’s his decision. If he wants to play here, he’s going to play here. He doesn’t need advice from anybody to convince him otherwise. If he doesn’t want to play here, then we don’t want him here.”
Strong words from someone who had plenty of strong words said about him one year ago at this time.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Fister could be ready for season's first week
- Zimmermann leads Nats against Yankees' Sabathia
- Injuries highlight the importance of rotation depth
- Gio Gonzalez starts strong, but Astros top Nationals
- Bryce Harper repping new eye black company
- Gonzalez faces Astros under the lights in Viera
- Should Desmond be the Nationals' No. 2 hitter?
- Strasburg settles down, Nats rout Cardinals 11-1
- Strasburg leads Nationals against Cardinals
- Skole among first round of cuts at Nats camp