Aug 15, 2010, 9:17 PM EDT
There’s no one more qualified to understand what Bryce Harper is going through right now (or more qualified to speak about it) than Stephen Strasburg.
So the Nationals’ rookie right-hander was asked after today’s game if he has any advice for this year’s No. 1 draft pick, who has until midnight tomorrow to sign. Strasburg, who of course waited until 11:59 p.m. last summer before agreeing to a record-shattering $15.1 million contract, had this to say:
“I don’t have any advice for him. It’s his decision. If he wants to play here, he’s going to play here. He doesn’t need advice from anybody to convince him otherwise. If he doesn’t want to play here, then we don’t want him here.”
Strong words from someone who had plenty of strong words said about him one year ago at this time.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Phillies trade Cole Hamels to AL West team
- Mets SS cries on field after learning of trade that didn't happen
- Harper homers twice into upper deck, Nats beat Marlins 7-2
- Report: Mets' trade for All-Star falls through
- Marlins get payback, play fart noises during Nats batting practice
- Nats hope to bounce back in Miami with Fister starting
- Nats Stock Watch: Starting pitchers scuffling
- Biggest key to Papelbon trade is Storen
- One MLB columnist expects Lucas Giolito to be dominant in 2020
- Fernandez remains perfect in Miami, Marlins top Nats 4-1