Aug 17, 2010, 4:25 PM EDT
The electronic signal from South Capitol Street to Park Avenue making Bryce Harper's signing official had barely been processed before the obvious question was being asked all around NatsTown.
Settle down, everyone. There's plenty of time for that. Can't we just enjoy Harper's signing for one moment?
OK, time's up. When are we going to see Harper in D.C.?
Well, that will happen within a matter of days. Harper will be introduced in a press conference at Nationals Park, probably early next week at the start of the club's next homestand. So we'll see him in a Nats jersey and cap very soon.
And then? Harper is going to get very well-acquainted with Viera, Fla. He'll report ASAP to the Gulf Coast League, where he'll take a crash course in the art of tracking down fly balls in right field.
The GCL regular-season schedule only runs through August 28, so there won't be a lot of time for Harper to get professional game experience. The Nationals could possibly send him to Vermont for the final week of the short-season Class A Lake Monsters' season. ThatRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
MON: Nats at Rockies, 8:40 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Rockies, 8:40 p.m.
WED: Nats at Rockies, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Reds, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Reds, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Reds, 1:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Ian Desmond notches five hits, Nats rock Colorado
- Harper sits, Zimmerman in left as Nats face Rockies
- NL East: Lee and Cishek drawing interest on trade market
- Dan Uggla signs with the San Francisco Giants
- Nats fan sports 'Curly W' beard (PHOTO)
- State of the Nats: 9-game road trip begins Monday
- Resurgent Zimmerman leads Nats' potent lineup
- Werth, Rendon, scouting come together in Nats win
- Instant analysis: Nats 5, Brewers 4
- Nationals try to overcome pinch-hitting woes