Aug 18, 2010, 9:00 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats take yet another crack at Tim Hudson tonight at Turner Field.
Well, the Nationals are making a roster move today, just not the potential one we were discussing earlier. Josh Willingham will apparently go on the DL tomorrow, at which point Nyjer Morgan will be activated (tomorrow's the first day he's eligible).
Today's move is one that will probably get fans excited: Wilson Ramos has been recalled from Class AAA Syracuse because Wil Nieves is heading back to D.C. to be with his wife, Yormarie, who is due to give birth to a baby girl in the next few days. Ramos, acquired from the Twins in the Matt Capps trade, hit .317 with two homers, six RBI and an .833 OPS in 15 games at Syracuse. This, however, will just be a quick cameo appearance with the Nats. Ramos is expected to be around only until Nieves returns within a couple of days. He will, however, return when rosters expand on September 1.
Ramos isn't in tonight's lineup — Ivan Rodriguez starts and bats fifth, answering our other question from earlier — but I suspect he'll be in there for tomorrow's getaway day game.
Another tough challenge tonight for the Nationals, who face their arch-nemesis, Tim Hudson (owner of a 10-1 record and 1.49 ERA in 16 career starts against this franchise). Hudson's lone loss against the Nats came on June 5, 2006, when he gave up five runs in the sixth thanks to base hits by Brian Schneider, Marlon Anderson, Jose Vidro and Damian Jackson. Wow. The winning pitcher that night, though, was Livan Hernandez, who will again oppose Hudson tonight.
I'm not in Atlanta for this series, but please continue the conversation with each other…
NATIONALS at BRAVES
Where: Turner Field
Gametime: 7:10 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Partly cloudy, 86 degrees, Wind 8 mph out to LF.
CF Roger Bernadina
SS Ian Desmond
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Giolito & Turner, Nats' farm system ranked highly by Baseball America
- Nats 2016 promo schedule includes figurine of Werth and his dog
- NL East: Mets closer permanently banned by MLB for PEDs
- Bryce Harper: 'I'm a big fan of what Kirk Cousins did this year'
- NL East: Mets' ace says he's open to contract extension
- Bryce Harper on potential for $400M contract: 'Don't sell me short'
- Why does free agent Ian Desmond still remain unsigned?
- Nationals to give out Bryce Harper Chia Pets in 2016
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Is Gott ready for a late-innings role?
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Shawn Kelley adds needed depth to bullpen