Aug 21, 2010, 7:40 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Stephen Strasburg faces his latest greatest challenge tonight at Citizens Bank Park.
PHILADELPHIA — In his brief time in the majors, Stephen Strasburg hasn't exactly faced a hostile scene on the road. His only starts away from D.C. have come in Cleveland, Atlanta, Florida and Cincinnati. None of those ballparks are known for their particularly voracious fans.
That all changes tonight, though, because from the moment Strasburg begins his warm-up in the center-field bullpen at Citizens Bank Park, a full house of Phillies fans will be on his case like he's never experienced.
This could be fun.
Adding to the drama, the Phillies have activated Ryan Howard off the DL after only one rehab game at Class A last night (he went 1-for-2 with a walk). The plan had been for Howard not to return until Monday or Tuesday. Wonder why he (and the Phillies) would want him back tonight?
Check back throughout for updates…
NATIONALS at PHILLIES
Where: Citizens Bank Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Mostly cloudy, 83 degrees, Wind 10 mph out to LF
CF Nyjer Morgan
SS Ian Desmond
1B Adam Dunn
3B Ryan Zimmerman
NL EAST STANDINGS
WED: Nats at Phillies, 7:35 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Mariners, 10:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Mariners, 9:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Mariners, 4:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Dodgers, 8:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Gonzalez sees progress in latest start for Nats
- Nationals lament close call in loss to Phillies
- Nats struggle early, lose in controversial fashion to Phillies
- LaRoche gets rare night off with tight back
- Gonzalez faces Hamels in showdown of southpaws
- Nats' Triple-A affiliate Syracuse raking in postseason awards
- A primer on postseason roster eligibility rules
- Around the NL East: Stanton making strong push for NL MVP
- Nationals can't pull off dramatic rally this time
- Nats' momentum stalls vs. Phillies in first game of long road trip