Aug 22, 2010, 11:30 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Scott Olsen allowed four runs in six innings today.
PHILADELPHIA — In the wake of a 6-0, rain-delayed loss to the Phillies this afternoon — one of the Nationals' less-enthralling performances of the year — plenty of questions remain.
Is Scott Olsen capable of sustaining any momentum, or is he destined to vacillate between positive and negative starts? Is Adam Dunn's two-week slump going to derail his entire season, or can he snap out of it in time to finish with the best numbers of his career? And, most importantly, what happens now with Stephen Strasburg, who had already arrived in Washington for his forearm MRI long before this stinker of a ballgame ended?
Let's try to provide some answers to each question…
1. SCOTT OLSEN
Every time you think the left-hander has got something good going, he takes a big step backward. Every time you think he's lost on the mound, he rebounds with a big performance.
Today's four-runs-in-six-innings start fell in that murky, gray area between good and bad. It came on the heels of a strong start in Atlanta, which came on the heels of a wretched start against the Marlins.
Olsen has now appeared in five games since returning from the DL, during which time he's going 1-4 with a 7.77 ERA. Not exactly encouraging numbers, which makes you wonder if Olsen is stillRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Rizzo: Blevins was Nationals' best option
- Former Nats OF Jerry Hairston, Jr. retires from MLB
- Nats get lefty Blevins from A's for prospect
- Williams wants Davey to come to spring training
- Will Nats make amends for 2013? (VIDEO)
- Williams contemplates look of Nationals' lineup
- MLB to discuss home plate collisions at Winter Meetings
- Wilson, Blevins among Nationals trade targets
- Rizzo: Nats aren't trading Clippard, Storen, Span
- 6 weeks into MLB offseason and free agents are going fast