Aug 22, 2010, 4:14 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Stephen Strasburg was pulled in the fifth inning of last night’s game.
PHILADELPHIA — Stephen Strasburg went through his typical day-after-start workout — including playing catch — this morning at Citizens Bank Park before heading back to Washington to undergo an MRI on the strained forearm that forced him out of last night’s game in the fifth inning.
The rookie right-hander, who left without speaking to reporters, won’t know what the club’s plan for him will be until results of the MRI are known later tonight or early tomorrow.
Mike Rizzo did emphasize that Strasburg has not been shut down at this point. The Nats GM also said Strasburg had a very similar experience while in college and wound up staying in the game without reporting any problems.
I’ll have a full story with quotes on CSNwashington.com in a little while and will link to it here…
UPDATE AT 2:25 P.M. — Here is the full Strasburg story on CSNwashington.com.
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- PHOTO: Looks like Scherzer will be a Jedi for Nats' 'Star Wars Day'
- LaRoche: Nats have transformed D.C. into a baseball city
- Matt Williams sets the tone for Nats on Day 1
- Will 2015 be a breakout year for Nats' RF Harper?
- Werth shooting for opener but will be cautious
- Escobar '100 percent committed' to new position
- Why Harper's confidence is a good sign for Nats
- A year older, Rendon ready for the long grind
- Nats' minor league affiliate gets new ownership
- Harper on Nats signing Scherzer: 'Where's my ring?'