Aug 23, 2010, 7:35 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats host the Cubs (and their new manager) at Nationals Park.
Back home following a tough weekend in Philadelphia, the Nationals now host the Cubs, who had an eventful weekend of their own. Manager Lou Piniella, who previously had announced he would retire at season's end, walked away yesterday citing family reasons. Third base coach Mike Quade takes over as interim manager the rest of the way, auditioning for a job that is coveted by plenty of big names, including Ryne Sandberg and Bob Brenly.
The Cubs will be sending rookie right-hander Casey Coleman to the mound, squaring off against Livan Hernandez.
Ian Desmond gets a day off, so Alberto Gonzalez starts at shortstop. Willie Harris also starts in right field in place of the slumping Michael Morse.
Check back throughout the game for updates…
CUBS at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Chance of showers late, 79 degrees, Wind 9 mph LF to RF
CF Nyjer Morgan
2B Adam Kennedy
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Stars shine in Nats' 9th straight series win
- Harper, Scherzer power Nationals past Cubs
- Nats Stock Watch: Scherzer showing why he's the ace
- One more category Bryce Harper leads the NL in
- Some good, some really ugly in Nats loss
- Cubs' farm team trolls Nats, Wizards after walk-off win
- Around the NL East: Another week of drama for the Marlins
- Nationals lose tough one on walk-off vs. Cubs
- Bryce Harper still doesn't think he's MLB's best
- Nats go for 2 in a row at Wrigley