Aug 25, 2010, 10:13 PM EST
MASN analyst Rob Dibble will not appear on Nationals broadcasts for at least the next two nights in the wake of controversial comments he made on the radio earlier this week about Stephen Strasburg.
"As a baseball fan, you know that the baseball season is a marathon, which starts in March and continues through October, as players, managers, and — yes, broadcasters — are on the job nearly every day for more than six months," Webster wrote in an email. "MASN's broadcasters may work anywhere from 35-150 games per season, while the alternate personality may be in the booth for the remaining games. From time to time, other commentators from MASN's deep bench of talent are brought into the broadcast, to offer their perspective and inform the game. At his request, Rob Dibble is taking a few days off, to which he — or any MASN employee — is entitled. Ray Knight will provide expert color analysis with Bob Carpenter for the next few days."
MASN announcers generally plan their days off months in advance, often knowing they will be attending family events such as weddings and graduations. Dibble, however, didn't request the time off untilRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Phillies may target Cabrera to replace Rollins
- USO tour was "life-changing" for Nats' Fister
- Trade official, Turner can't join Nats til June
- Jerry Blevins on Japan, hoping for better results with Nats in 2015
- Moore, Taylor hope to be in mix for Nats' bench spots
- Report: Braves continue makeover, trade star OF Justin Upton
- Drew Storen goes 1-on-1 with Mark Zuckerman at NatsFest
- Winter Classic rink construction well underway at Nats Park
- Nats recall NLDS, watching Giants win World Series
- 'Baseball in the District' - Kurkjian, Zuckerman & Corcoran talk Nats