Aug 25, 2010, 10:31 PM EDT
Read an updated version of the Morgan suspension story, with quotes, on CSNwashington.com.
Morgan has appealed the suspension and remains in the Nationals’ lineup tonight.
The incident occurred, according to MLB, in the middle of the ninth of Saturday’s 8-1 victory over the Phillies when Morgan “intentionally” threw a ball into the stands and struck a fan. Morgan later caught the final out of the game on a fly ball from Jayson Werth, then turned and faked a throw toward the stands.
MLB vice president of on-field operations Bob Watson handed down the punishment today.
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Month to forget continues for Scherzer, Nats
- Scherzer's struggles continue in Nationals' 4-3 loss to Marlins
- Hip surgery for Span, but Taylor's knee OK
- Game Thread: Nationals open series vs. Marlins
- Desperate Nationals recall OF from AAA Syracuse
- MLB Power Rankings: More movement in AL East
- Ross shines against former team, pulled early for innings limit
- Span likely out for season after latest injury
- Nats banged up in 4-2 victory over Padres, win third straight series
- Updated: Taylor leaves Nats-Padres game after colliding with wall