Aug 25, 2010, 10:31 PM EDT
Read an updated version of the Morgan suspension story, with quotes, on CSNwashington.com.
Morgan has appealed the suspension and remains in the Nationals’ lineup tonight.
The incident occurred, according to MLB, in the middle of the ninth of Saturday’s 8-1 victory over the Phillies when Morgan “intentionally” threw a ball into the stands and struck a fan. Morgan later caught the final out of the game on a fly ball from Jayson Werth, then turned and faked a throw toward the stands.
MLB vice president of on-field operations Bob Watson handed down the punishment today.
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Storen returns to mound after 2-week absence
- Phillies' All-Star likely to begin season on disabled list
- Report: AL Central team interested in former Nats closer Soriano
- Zimmermann contract talks "not looking good"
- Another Nats injury: Zimmerman banged up on diving play at first
- Former Nats All-Star wins closer job with Oakland Athletics
- Harper back in lineup as Nats face Cards
- Nats make 6 cuts as roster begins to take shape
- Forbes: Nats nearly doubled in franchise value from 2014 to 2015
- Gonzalez settles down, with help from Scherzer