Aug 25, 2010, 10:31 PM EDT
Read an updated version of the Morgan suspension story, with quotes, on CSNwashington.com.
Morgan has appealed the suspension and remains in the Nationals’ lineup tonight.
The incident occurred, according to MLB, in the middle of the ninth of Saturday’s 8-1 victory over the Phillies when Morgan “intentionally” threw a ball into the stands and struck a fan. Morgan later caught the final out of the game on a fly ball from Jayson Werth, then turned and faked a throw toward the stands.
MLB vice president of on-field operations Bob Watson handed down the punishment today.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Gio Gonzalez starts strong, but Astros top Nationals
- Bryce Harper repping new eye black company
- Gonzalez faces Astros under the lights in Viera
- Should Desmond be the Nationals' No. 2 hitter?
- Strasburg settles down, Nats rout Cardinals 11-1
- Strasburg leads Nationals against Cardinals
- Skole among first round of cuts at Nats camp
- Rosenthal pain-free, Wacha pitches well for Cards
- Zimmerman, LaRoche homers lift Nationals over Atlanta
- Nationals split-squads face Braves, Cardinals