Aug 25, 2010, 2:45 PM EDT
Photo by Rachel Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
A full house was on hand for Stephen Strasburg's debut earlier this summer.
Thanks to all of you who shared your thoughts about the five worst days in Nationals history. The response was both incredible and insightful.
I've read through all the responses, and based on what you all said, here's how the final "worst five days" list shakes out…
1. APRIL 5, 2010: On Opening Day at Nationals Park, with President Obama in attendance after throwing out the ceremonial first pitch (in a Nats jacket and White Sox cap), the Nats get creamed by the Phillies, 11-1, in front of a sellout crowd that includes at least 20,000 Philly fans who boo the home team.
2. SEPT. 26, 2006: Nick Johnson breaks his leg after colliding with Austin Kearns chasing a pop-up behind first base at Shea Stadium.
3. APRIL 19, 2009: For the third straight day, the Nats blow a ninth-inning lead to the Marlins. Joel Hanrahan blew the first two games of the weekend, serving up home runs. In the Sunday finale, Saul Rivera allowed four runs in the ninth on two hits and three walks, producing a 7-4 loss. After the game, the Nats overhaul the bullpen, optioning Rivera to Class AAA Syracuse and designating Steven Shell and Wil Ledezma for assignment.
4. DEC. 14, 2004: After a day-long session that grew heated as it progressed, the D.C. Council voted down the previously approved ballpark financing deal, saying now that 50 percent of the financing would have to come from private sources. MLB shuts down allRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Previewing and predicting the 2014 World Series
- Nationals roster report: Ian Desmond
- Phillies coach admits Howard may be better off in AL
- Nationals roster report: Asdrubal Cabrera
- Important dates to keep in mind for Nats' offseason
- Nationals roster report: Anthony Rendon
- PHOTO: Nats will wear jersey patch to recognize 10th anniversary
- Michael Morse is headed to the World Series with Giants
- Ishikawa 3-run homer sends Giants to World Series
- Nationals roster review: Jayson Werth