Aug 26, 2010, 2:13 PM EDT
We've talked plenty here lately about the best days and the worst days in Nationals history. I don't know if August 26, 2010 will ultimately be worthy of either list, but I do know it stands a good chance of landing on the busiest days in Nationals history list.
Here's what is scheduled to take place in the next nine hours…
– Stephen Strasburg undergoes an arthrogram, the enhanced MRI in which a dye is injected in his right forearm to help doctors determine if there's any damage more significant than the previously diagnosed flexor tendon strain. By the end of the day, we could know whether Strasburg will pitch again this season, whether he'll be shut down or whether he'll need surgery.
– Bryce Harper is introduced as a member of the Nationals organization for the first time. The recently signed No. 1 draft pick will be holding a press conference at Nationals Park at 5:45 p.m. (You can watch it live on Comcast SportsNet, MASN and masnsports.com, or on the scoreboard at the ballpark if you'll already be there.) He'll be introduced to the crowd later during the game.
– Jordan Zimmermann makes his first big-league start in 13 months, having come all the way back from Tommy John surgery. This is a major development for the Nationals, who envision theRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
MON: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Marlins, 12:40 p.m.
THU: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals hang on to beat Reds 4-2
- Instant analysis: Reds 1, Nationals 0
- Roark, Nats win 4-1, hand Reds seventh-straight loss
- Denard Span leading the way for Nats in July
- Roark, Nats look to bounce back in Game 100 of 2014 season
- The Baseball Show: Should the Nats make a trade? (VIDEO)
- Power Rankings: Which MLB stadium is the best?
- MLB Power Rankings: Nats trending up after big week
- 'Baseball in the District' - Bob Nightengale and Matt Skole
- Nationals Stock Watch: Strasburg's road struggles continue