Aug 27, 2010, 7:45 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nationals host the Cardinals for Game 2 of a 4-game series tonight.
They will play another ballgame tonight at Nationals Park. The flags are not at half-staff. It'll be business as usual, aside from the dark vibe hovering over the ballpark after today's news of Stephen Strasburg's pending Tommy John surgery.
Scott Olsen starts for the Nationals against Cardinals rookie left-hander Jaime Garcia. Another new-look lineup from Jim Riggleman: Alberto Gonzalez leads off, Ian Desmond returns to the 2-hole, Justin Maxwell starts in center field with Nyjer Morgan out.
Strasburg is about to speak in the Nationals' interview room (you can watch it live on CSNwashington.com) and I'll provide updates of what he had to say in a little while. Check back here the evening for game updates…
CARDINALS at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Sunny, 79 degrees, Wind 4 mph out to LF
2B Alberto Gonzalez
SS Ian Desmond
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Phillies' All-Star likely to begin season on disabled list
- Report: AL Central team interested in former Nats closer Soriano
- Zimmermann contract talks "not looking good"
- Another Nats injury: Zimmerman banged up on diving play at first
- Former Nats All-Star wins closer job with Oakland Athletics
- Harper back in lineup as Nats face Cards
- Nats make 6 cuts as roster begins to take shape
- Forbes: Nats nearly doubled in franchise value from 2014 to 2015
- Gonzalez settles down, with help from Scherzer
- Former Nats pitcher earns rotation spot with Texas Rangers