Aug 29, 2010, 9:15 PM EDT
The Nationals announced this afternoon they have re-signed Livan Hernandez for 2011.
Hernandez would have been a free agent at season’s end; he signed a minor-league contract with the Nats in February that paid him a base salary of $900,000 once he made the big-league roster, plus incentives.
The 35-year-old right-hander has made a team-high 27 starts this season, going 9-9 with a 3.49 ERA. He’s allowed two earned runs or less in 17 of those 27 starts.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Podcast: Baseball in The District - Sammy Solis talks spring
- Harper, Detwiler lead Nationals against Mets
- Purke, Taylor among latest round of Nats cuts
- Has Jimmy Rollins been benched in Philly?
- Roark gives up 3 runs in Nats loss
- Nationals split up to face Astros, Braves
- Prospects Cole, Rivero cut from big-league camp
- Desperate Braves sign Santana for $14 million
- The good, the bad and the ugly of Nats camp
- Zimmermann perfect against Sabathia, Yankees