Aug 29, 2010, 9:15 PM EST
The Nationals announced this afternoon they have re-signed Livan Hernandez for 2011.
Hernandez would have been a free agent at season’s end; he signed a minor-league contract with the Nats in February that paid him a base salary of $900,000 once he made the big-league roster, plus incentives.
The 35-year-old right-hander has made a team-high 27 starts this season, going 9-9 with a 3.49 ERA. He’s allowed two earned runs or less in 17 of those 27 starts.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- A reason for fans of each MLB team to be thankful
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Trea Turner
- Bud Black joins Angels after missing out on Nats' manager job
- Baseball in the District – How will Nats rebuild their bullpen?
- Nats bring Henley back as third base coach
- Nats roster review: Matt Thornton
- Report: Nats interested in trading Papelbon and Storen
- Is O'Day worth the price tag to the Nationals?
- Nationals roster review: Aaron Barrett
- Nats sign pair of veterans to minor-league deals