Aug 31, 2010, 3:46 AM EDT
MIAMI — Mike Rizzo just revealed the six Nationals prospects who will participate in the Arizona Fall League. It’s not quite as star-studded a list as last year’s crop, which included Stephen Strasburg, Drew Storen, Chris Marrero and Danny Espinosa. But it’s got some intriguing names nonetheless.
The full list headed to Arizona in October…
OF Michael Burgess
RHP Adam Carr
RHP Cole Kimball
INF Stephen Lombardozzi
C Derek Norris
LHP Sammy Solis
Obviously, Bryce Harper is not on this list. That doesn’t, however, mean he won’t end up playing in the AFL. Rizzo said there’s still a chance the 17-year-old could be added to the roster, depending on how he plays in the Florida instructional league.
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Janssen unlikely for opener with shoulder tendinitis
- Knee injury concerns go next level for Anthony Rendon
- Nats sign veteran outfielder recently cut by Marlins
- Nats trade lefty reliever to Mets for veteran outfielder
- Storen leaves game with blister on big toe
- Jordan gets chance to face Cardinals
- Report: Mets strill trying to trade veteran starter
- Nats trade veteran catcher to Red Sox
- Observations from Sunday's 11-7 win in Viera
- Rizzo not looking for outside help despite injuries