Sep 1, 2010, 6:50 PM EDT
MIAMI — Danny Espinosa and Wilson Ramos will make up the first wave of September call-ups and will be in uniform tonight for the Nationals' series finale against the Marlins.
Espinosa, one of the best all-around infielders in the minor leagues this season, will have his contract purchased from Class AAA Syracuse. (Stephen Strasburg can be placed on the 60-day DL to make room for him.) Ramos, who wa already on the 40-man roster, is being recalled from Syracuse.
General manager Mike Rizzo had said earlier this week he didn't plan to make any September call-ups until the Chiefs' season ends on Monday, but the two players were told last night of their promotions and are en route to Miami today.
Espinosa, a 23-year-old switch-hitter, has been on fire at the plate in Syracuse, posting a .359 average (14-for-39) with four walks, three RBI and five runs scored over his last 10 games. In 123 combined games this season with Syracuse and Class AA Harrisburg, he's hitting .268 with 22 homers, 69 RBI and 25 stolen bases. As of last week, heRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- One more category Bryce Harper leads the NL in
- Some good, some really ugly in Nats loss
- Cubs' farm team trolls Nats, Wizards after walk-off win
- Around the NL East: Another week of drama for the Marlins
- Nationals lose tough one on walk-off vs. Cubs
- Bryce Harper still doesn't think he's MLB's best
- Nats go for 2 in a row at Wrigley
- Marlins players fail to show up at charity event
- Cubs manager Joe Maddon doesn't get criticism of Bryce Harper
- The Baseball Show: Time to sign Harper to an extension?