Sep 1, 2010, 8:08 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Danny Espinosa and Wilson Ramos will be uniform for the series finale at Sun Life Stadium.
MIAMI — Nyjer Morgan is leading off for the Nationals tonight, moved back to the top spot after three games in the 8-hole and after last night's controversial collision at the plate with Marlins catcher Brett Hayes. Chris Volstad starts tonight for Florida; I'd tune in before 7:10 p.m. to see where his first pitch goes. (Hayes, by the way, is reportedly going to be out seven to 10 days.)
The bigger surprise, though, is that Ryan Zimmerman is not in the Nationals' lineup. Zim has been given a very rare day off, something Jim Riggleman has talked about doing and did with Adam Dunn not long ago.
No Danny Espinosa or Wilson Ramos in the lineup tonight, either. I would suspect Espinosa will start Friday night in Pittsburgh, and I would suspect Ramos will get a start sometime during that weekend series as well.
Check back for updates throughout the evening…
NATIONALS at MARLINS
Where: Sun Life Stadium
Gametime: 7:10 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Partly cloudy, 85 degrees, Wind 17 mph in from RF
CF Nyjer Morgan
SS Ian Desmond
LF Roger Bernadina
1B Adam Dunn
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Fernandez remains perfect in Miami, Marlins top Nats 4-1
- Tyler Clippard says chasing down the 'beatable' Nats will be 'a lot of fun'
- Nationals acquire Jonathan Papelbon for minor leaguer
- Werth, Zimmerman activated off DL
- Watching baseball with Obama
- Report: Nats 'making progress' in trade for All-Star closer
- Around the NL East: Are Mets moves enough to catch Nats?
- Troy Tulowitzki traded to AL East team in blockbuster deal
- Where will Nationals get their relief from?
- Werth officially set to return from DL vs. Miami