Sep 3, 2010, 7:19 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The depleted Nats face the Pirates tonight at PNC Park.
PITTSBURGH — It would appear Nyjer Morgan has appealed his latest suspension, because he's leading off tonight against the Pirates. Morgan, who was suspended eight games today by Major League Baseball for a series of events in the last week that culminated with Wednesday night's brawl, also has another appeal pending on a seven-game suspension stemming from his actions in Philadelphia on August 21.
Jim Riggleman, however, will not be managing tonight as he begins to serve his two-game suspension. Bench coach John McLaren will fill in as manager. Third base coach Pat Listach will begin serving his suspension Sunday.
Danny Espinosa gets his first big-league start tonight, playing second base and batting eighth. With left-hander Zach Duke on the mound for the Pirates, Roger Bernadina takes a seat and is replaced in left field by Justin Maxwell.
Check back for updates throughout the evening…
NATIONALS at PIRATES
Where: PNC Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Partly cloudy, 75 degrees, Wind 11 mph out to LF
CF Nyjer Morgan
SS Ian Desmond
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bryce Harper makes decision on Home Run Derby
- Nationals sweep Giants behind Zimmermann, Ramos
- Two Giants ejected after arguing call vs. Nationals
- Live Thread: Nationals face Giants in Sunday night matchup
- Harper voted All-Star starter in record-breaking fashion
- Many unknowns in Strasburg's latest injury
- Strasburg placed on the 15-day DL with oblique strain
- For Nats, second half begins with high expectations
- Strasburg exits early in Nationals' 9-3 win
- Strasburg leaves game early due to apparent injury