Sep 3, 2010, 7:19 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The depleted Nats face the Pirates tonight at PNC Park.
PITTSBURGH — It would appear Nyjer Morgan has appealed his latest suspension, because he's leading off tonight against the Pirates. Morgan, who was suspended eight games today by Major League Baseball for a series of events in the last week that culminated with Wednesday night's brawl, also has another appeal pending on a seven-game suspension stemming from his actions in Philadelphia on August 21.
Jim Riggleman, however, will not be managing tonight as he begins to serve his two-game suspension. Bench coach John McLaren will fill in as manager. Third base coach Pat Listach will begin serving his suspension Sunday.
Danny Espinosa gets his first big-league start tonight, playing second base and batting eighth. With left-hander Zach Duke on the mound for the Pirates, Roger Bernadina takes a seat and is replaced in left field by Justin Maxwell.
Check back for updates throughout the evening…
NATIONALS at PIRATES
Where: PNC Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Partly cloudy, 75 degrees, Wind 11 mph out to LF
CF Nyjer Morgan
SS Ian Desmond
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Werth officially set to return from DL vs. Miami
- Nats' NL East rival trades for former fan favorite Clippard
- State of the Nats: Thinking big before the trade deadline?
- Strasburg to take big step in rehab on Wednesday
- Report: Padres wanted ex-prospect back from Nats in Kimbrel trade
- The Baseball Show: A rough start to the second half
- Brutal stretch for Nats has end in sight; Taylor's heating up
- Cole pitches Pirates past Nationals 3-1
- Rendon sits, as Nats aim for series split with Pirates
- Does weeklong tear mean Desmond is back?