Sep 3, 2010, 7:19 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The depleted Nats face the Pirates tonight at PNC Park.
PITTSBURGH — It would appear Nyjer Morgan has appealed his latest suspension, because he's leading off tonight against the Pirates. Morgan, who was suspended eight games today by Major League Baseball for a series of events in the last week that culminated with Wednesday night's brawl, also has another appeal pending on a seven-game suspension stemming from his actions in Philadelphia on August 21.
Jim Riggleman, however, will not be managing tonight as he begins to serve his two-game suspension. Bench coach John McLaren will fill in as manager. Third base coach Pat Listach will begin serving his suspension Sunday.
Danny Espinosa gets his first big-league start tonight, playing second base and batting eighth. With left-hander Zach Duke on the mound for the Pirates, Roger Bernadina takes a seat and is replaced in left field by Justin Maxwell.
Check back for updates throughout the evening…
NATIONALS at PIRATES
Where: PNC Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Partly cloudy, 75 degrees, Wind 11 mph out to LF
CF Nyjer Morgan
SS Ian Desmond
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Bryce Harper travels through time in new ad (VIDEO)
- Williams faces first real test as Nationals manager
- Nats' defensive mistakes add up in loss to Cardinals
- Nats lose 8-0 to Cardinals on Wainwright's two-hitter
- Span scores three runs for Hagerstown in minor league rehab game
- Doug Fister pitches in Viera, timetable for return set
- Bryce Harper back in Nats’ lineup to face Cardinals
- Nats return home to face Wainwright, Cardinals
- MLB Power Rankings: Brewers making noise
- Nationals dominating opponents late in games