Sep 8, 2010, 2:37 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats host the Mets in a matinee series finale at Nationals Park.
There may not be any softer throwers in baseball than Livan Hernandez and R.A. Dickey. Dickey, of course, is a knuckleballer, so obviously he doesn't throw the ball particularly hard. Hernandez, however, is a classic pitcher … in the sense that he throws fastballs, breaking balls, changeups, etc. It's just that his fastball generally registers in the 84-86 mph range.
Who cares? It works for both guys, who will be squaring off against each other this afternoon at Nationals Park. Livo is 9-10 with a 3.81 ERA, his numbers having tailed off some over the last month. Dickey, meanwhile, has been a revelation for the Mets, going 9-6 with a 2.91 ERA.
We've got a rare 12:35 p.m. first pitch today, so if you can't make it to the park, sit back in your office and hit the refresh button all afternoon as I provide updates on the game and any other developments…
METS at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 12:35 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Partly cloudy, 88 degrees, Wind 16 mph out to RF
CF Nyjer Morgan
SS Ian Desmond
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Phillies could hire MLB's first female general manager
- October madness: All 4 MLB division playoff series in action
- After a disappointing 2015, what's next for the Nats?
- Both AL Division Series get started on Thursday
- ‘Baseball in the District’ – Mark Zuckerman on a big offseason
- What was the turning point for the 2015 Nationals?
- What went wrong for the Nationals in 2015?
- Desmond posts letter to Nationals fans on Twitter
- Miami to adjust dimensions at Marlins Park
- Astros, Yankees kick off playoffs in AL Wild Card game