Sep 10, 2010, 7:40 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nationals host the Marlins in the first of three games at Nationals Park.
Updated with Marlins lineup change due to Gaby Sanchez dropping appeal.
Nyjer Morgan may be in the Nationals' lineup tonight, but he's not in his customary leadoff spot. Perhaps anticipating that Morgan would begin serving his suspension tonight, manager Jim Riggleman penciled out a lineup that includes Danny Espinosa batting first.
With a ruling yet to be handed down by MLB vice president of on-field operations Bob Watson, Morgan is eligible to play, but he'll be batting eighth against his good friends from Florida.
Right-hander Alex Sanabia, who was suspended five games for his actions during last week's brawl, starts for the Marlins. He's expected to drop his appeal and begin serving tomorrow.
John Lannan is on the mound for the Nationals, looking to continue his winning ways. Since returning from Class AA Harrisburg, Lannan is 5-1 with a 2.93 ERA.
Check back for updates throughout…
METS at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Partly cloudy, 75 degrees, Wind 10 mph LF to RF
2B Danny Espinosa
SS Ian Desmond
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Zimmermann perfect against Sabathia, Yankees
- Fister could be ready for season's first week
- Zimmermann leads Nats against Yankees' Sabathia
- Injuries highlight the importance of rotation depth
- Gio Gonzalez starts strong, but Astros top Nationals
- Bryce Harper repping new eye black company
- Gonzalez faces Astros under the lights in Viera
- Should Desmond be the Nationals' No. 2 hitter?
- Strasburg settles down, Nats rout Cardinals 11-1
- Strasburg leads Nationals against Cardinals