Sep 10, 2010, 1:50 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
In the wake of last week's brawl in Florida, the Marlins come to D.C. this weekend.
When the Nationals left Miami nine days ago having just participated in one of the more robust brawls baseball had seen in a while, thoughts immediately turned to this weekend's rematch in D.C. and the possibility of some carry-over bad blood between the two divisions rivals.
So, should those holding tickets to tonight's game expect Nats-Marlins II: This Time It's Personal? Don't bet on it.
People from both clubhouses said they believe the incident is behind them and won't result in any more tussles this weekend.
"Yeah, definitely," Jim Riggleman said. "I think so."
Marlins manager Edwin Rodriguez concurred when speaking to Florida reporters earlier this week.
"Knowing Jim Riggleman, I'm pretty sure he's going to tell his players: 'Move on, turn the page, let's play baseball,'" Rodriguez said. "We'reRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
FRI: Nats at Mariners, 10:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Mariners, 9:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Mariners, 4:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Dodgers, 8:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 4:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Back-to-back struggles by Fister surprise Nats
- Phillies sweep red-hot Nationals
- LIVE THREAD: Nationals, Fister face Phillies on the road
- LaRoche confident back issue won't linger
- Can Doug Fister prevent Phillies from sweeping Nationals?
- The Nationals offense gets significantly quieter after blowout wins
- Gonzalez sees progress in latest start for Nats
- Nationals Stock Watch: Cabrera looking like a smart acquisition
- Nationals lament close call in loss to Phillies
- Nats struggle early, lose in controversial fashion to Phillies