Sep 10, 2010, 1:50 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
In the wake of last week's brawl in Florida, the Marlins come to D.C. this weekend.
When the Nationals left Miami nine days ago having just participated in one of the more robust brawls baseball had seen in a while, thoughts immediately turned to this weekend's rematch in D.C. and the possibility of some carry-over bad blood between the two divisions rivals.
So, should those holding tickets to tonight's game expect Nats-Marlins II: This Time It's Personal? Don't bet on it.
People from both clubhouses said they believe the incident is behind them and won't result in any more tussles this weekend.
"Yeah, definitely," Jim Riggleman said. "I think so."
Marlins manager Edwin Rodriguez concurred when speaking to Florida reporters earlier this week.
"Knowing Jim Riggleman, I'm pretty sure he's going to tell his players: 'Move on, turn the page, let's play baseball,'" Rodriguez said. "We'reRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- How the Nats' trade impacts Desmond's future
- Nats trade Souza in 3-team deal, get Turner from Padres
- Report: Mets may not pitch Harvey vs. Nats on Opening Day
- Souza's name crops up in complex trade talks
- Clippard: 'I hope we all stay together for at least one more shot'
- Nats GM Mike Rizzo explains trading Detwiler; talks prospects
- Nats announce date pitchers and catchers will report to Viera
- Nationals react to Detwiler and LaRoche leaving this offseason
- Ian Desmond goes 1-on-1 with Mark Zuckerman at Nats Fest
- Zuckerman on the Nats and Bryce Harper's contract settlement