Sep 10, 2010, 1:50 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
In the wake of last week's brawl in Florida, the Marlins come to D.C. this weekend.
When the Nationals left Miami nine days ago having just participated in one of the more robust brawls baseball had seen in a while, thoughts immediately turned to this weekend's rematch in D.C. and the possibility of some carry-over bad blood between the two divisions rivals.
So, should those holding tickets to tonight's game expect Nats-Marlins II: This Time It's Personal? Don't bet on it.
People from both clubhouses said they believe the incident is behind them and won't result in any more tussles this weekend.
"Yeah, definitely," Jim Riggleman said. "I think so."
Marlins manager Edwin Rodriguez concurred when speaking to Florida reporters earlier this week.
"Knowing Jim Riggleman, I'm pretty sure he's going to tell his players: 'Move on, turn the page, let's play baseball,'" Rodriguez said. "We'reRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
TUE: Nats at Braves, 7:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Braves, 7:10 p.m.
THU: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Marlins, 1:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Strasburg dominates as Nats win 4-2
- Harper latest Nats player to come down with bug
- LaRoche named finalist for Man of Year award
- Zimmerman ready for game action in Viera
- Strasburg tries to exorcise Atlanta demons
- Nationals putting NLDS tickets on sale Monday
- State of the Nats: Nationals can clinch this week against rivals
- Can the Nationals clinch in Atlanta this week?
- Nationals lower magic number to four, top Mets
- Nationals try to finish off Mets in series finale