Sep 11, 2010, 3:37 AM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Nyjer Morgan went 1-for-3 but was caught stealing at an inopportune moment.
Another day in NatsTown, another day dominated by news about Nyjer Morgan.
If you've lost track — and who could blame you if you have? — we're now in Week 3 of "As Nyjer Morgan Turns," and there doesn't appear to be any conclusion to this soap opera in sight.
To be fair, Morgan had little to do with the outcome of tonight's 3-1 loss to the Marlins. This was a game decided by the Nationals' lack of offensive competency against Florida's Alex Sanabia, who has now faced the Nats three times since the All-Star break and has now shut them out twice.
But that's really all there is to say about this game. John Lannan wasn't particularly bad nor was he particularly good, but he was charged with the loss nonetheless. Danny Espinosa made a couple of nice plays in the field. So did Adam Dunn.
At the end of the night, though, the primary subject of discussion was the same guy who was the primary subject of discussion earlier in the afternoon. And the same guy who has been the primary subject ofRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Moss' 3-run homer ends it as Cardinals beat Nationals 8-5
- Nats make first round of September call-ups
- Nationals turn to Ross for big game in St. Louis
- The Baseball Show: Is Denard Span’s Nats career over?
- Nationals let another one slip away
- Heyward's 2B keys rally as Cardinals beat Nationals 8-5
- Nationals open pivotal series in St. Louis
- State of the Nats: Cardinals up next; Werth heating up
- Taylor avoids injury scare, returns to lineup with a bang
- Strasburg leaves Nats win over Marlins with injury