Sep 11, 2010, 3:37 AM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Nyjer Morgan went 1-for-3 but was caught stealing at an inopportune moment.
Another day in NatsTown, another day dominated by news about Nyjer Morgan.
If you've lost track — and who could blame you if you have? — we're now in Week 3 of "As Nyjer Morgan Turns," and there doesn't appear to be any conclusion to this soap opera in sight.
To be fair, Morgan had little to do with the outcome of tonight's 3-1 loss to the Marlins. This was a game decided by the Nationals' lack of offensive competency against Florida's Alex Sanabia, who has now faced the Nats three times since the All-Star break and has now shut them out twice.
But that's really all there is to say about this game. John Lannan wasn't particularly bad nor was he particularly good, but he was charged with the loss nonetheless. Danny Espinosa made a couple of nice plays in the field. So did Adam Dunn.
At the end of the night, though, the primary subject of discussion was the same guy who was the primary subject of discussion earlier in the afternoon. And the same guy who has been the primary subject ofRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Braves seen as 'dark horse' for next Cuban star Tomas
- When should Nats' wave of prospects arrive?
- Nationals linked to top free agent Max Scherzer
- Nats add 4 players to 40-man roster, drop pair
- Report: Nationals consider Zimmermann & Fister 'available'
- Nationals need to make 40-man roster decisions
- Zimmermann's gift to Souza for no-hitter catch revealed
- Report: LaRoche has $20M deal on table from Marlins
- Mets set plan for Harvey with Strasburg in mind
- Point/Counterpoint: Will Nats regret Zim's contract?