Sep 11, 2010, 3:37 AM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Nyjer Morgan went 1-for-3 but was caught stealing at an inopportune moment.
Another day in NatsTown, another day dominated by news about Nyjer Morgan.
If you've lost track — and who could blame you if you have? — we're now in Week 3 of "As Nyjer Morgan Turns," and there doesn't appear to be any conclusion to this soap opera in sight.
To be fair, Morgan had little to do with the outcome of tonight's 3-1 loss to the Marlins. This was a game decided by the Nationals' lack of offensive competency against Florida's Alex Sanabia, who has now faced the Nats three times since the All-Star break and has now shut them out twice.
But that's really all there is to say about this game. John Lannan wasn't particularly bad nor was he particularly good, but he was charged with the loss nonetheless. Danny Espinosa made a couple of nice plays in the field. So did Adam Dunn.
At the end of the night, though, the primary subject of discussion was the same guy who was the primary subject of discussion earlier in the afternoon. And the same guy who has been the primary subject ofRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- MLB Power Rankings: Rangers moving up the ladder
- Deconstructing the Nationals' game-winning rally
- Gio Gonzalez pulled from Nats' win with left shoulder tightness
- LaRoche's walk-off hit saves Nationals from sweep vs. Angels
- Former Senators pitcher Connie Marrero passes away
- Injury updates on Zimmerman and Hairston
- Baseball in the District: Thom Loverro of ESPN 980 talks Nats
- Gio, Nationals try to avoid getting swept by Angels
- Nationals Stock Watch: Harper has rough week
- How secure is struggling Jordan's rotation spot?