Sep 13, 2010, 7:17 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Yunesky Maya makes his second career start tonight at Turner Field.
ATLANTA — Hello from Turner Field, where the Braves are hanging on for their lives in the NL East race. Up three games on the Phillies only 10 days ago, they now trail Philadelphia by one game (though they still lead the wild card race). Atlanta has been baseball's best home team all season, owners of a ridiculously good 51-21 record here. The Nationals, on the other hand, own the majors' fourth-worst road record at 25-47.
But if there's good news for the visitors, it's their impressive numbers this year against right-hander Derek Lowe, who starts tonight's opener. Lowe has faced the Nats three times in 2010 and has lost three times. His ERA: 6.11.
Yunesky Maya takes the mound for the Nationals in his second career start, hoping to avoid the first-inning troubles he endured last week against the Mets and pick up where he left off in retiring 14 of the last 15 batters he faced.
Still no ruling on the Nyjer Morgan suspension appeal, so he's in the lineup for the 13th straight game overall and 10th straight game since the brawl in Florida. Meanwhile, Roger Bernadina (who has struggled out of the 5-hole) gets bumped up to the third spot, where he'll hit in front of Ryan Zimmerman and Adam Dunn.
Check back for updates throughout the evening…
NATIONALS at BRAVES
Where: Turner Field
Gametime: 7:10 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Sunny, 82 degrees, Wind 5 mph in from RF
2B Danny Espinosa
SS Ian Desmond
LF Roger Bernadina
3B Ryan Zimmerman
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Zimmerman, LaRoche homers lift Nationals over Atlanta
- Nationals split-squads face Braves, Cardinals
- Roark makes emergency start vs. Astros
- Fister scratched from start with elbow inflammation
- Doug Flutie took batting practice at Nats spring training (VIDEO)
- Marlins complain about Red Sox spring lineup, get apology
- Dr. Jobe's impact on baseball was immeasurable
- Zimmermann throws three scoreless in Nats' 3-2 loss
- Zimmermann squares off with Braves again
- 2014 Washington Nationals fantasy baseball preview