Sep 13, 2010, 7:17 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Yunesky Maya makes his second career start tonight at Turner Field.
ATLANTA — Hello from Turner Field, where the Braves are hanging on for their lives in the NL East race. Up three games on the Phillies only 10 days ago, they now trail Philadelphia by one game (though they still lead the wild card race). Atlanta has been baseball's best home team all season, owners of a ridiculously good 51-21 record here. The Nationals, on the other hand, own the majors' fourth-worst road record at 25-47.
But if there's good news for the visitors, it's their impressive numbers this year against right-hander Derek Lowe, who starts tonight's opener. Lowe has faced the Nats three times in 2010 and has lost three times. His ERA: 6.11.
Yunesky Maya takes the mound for the Nationals in his second career start, hoping to avoid the first-inning troubles he endured last week against the Mets and pick up where he left off in retiring 14 of the last 15 batters he faced.
Still no ruling on the Nyjer Morgan suspension appeal, so he's in the lineup for the 13th straight game overall and 10th straight game since the brawl in Florida. Meanwhile, Roger Bernadina (who has struggled out of the 5-hole) gets bumped up to the third spot, where he'll hit in front of Ryan Zimmerman and Adam Dunn.
Check back for updates throughout the evening…
NATIONALS at BRAVES
Where: Turner Field
Gametime: 7:10 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Sunny, 82 degrees, Wind 5 mph in from RF
2B Danny Espinosa
SS Ian Desmond
LF Roger Bernadina
3B Ryan Zimmerman
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Gio Gonzalez pulled from Nats' win with left shoulder tightness
- LaRoche's walk-off hit saves Nationals from sweep vs. Angels
- Former Senators pitcher Connie Marrero passes away
- Injury updates on Zimmerman and Hairston
- Baseball in the District: Thom Loverro of ESPN 980 talks Nats
- Gio, Nationals try to avoid getting swept by Angels
- Nationals Stock Watch: Harper has rough week
- How secure is struggling Jordan's rotation spot?
- Pujols gets 500th, Nats fall to Angels
- Pujols launches 500th homer at Nationals' expense