Sep 13, 2010, 12:10 PM EDT
The Nationals have reached the home stretch of the season, 19 games over 21 days to conclude a 2010 season that still could go either way.
A week ago, the Nats looked like a safe bet to reach 70 wins. But five straight losses, including a sweep at the hands of the Marlins over the weekend, leave them at 60-83. Now they need to finish 10-9 to get to 70 wins.
And that's going to be a challenge because the schedule is about to get rough. Beginning tonight in Atlanta, the Nationals will play 12 of their final 19 games against the contending Braves and Phillies.
Every game matters for those two teams, with the Phillies currently holding a 1-game lead in the NL East and the Braves narrowly leading the three NL West contenders (the Giants, Padres and Rockies) in the wild-card race. You know they'll be coming out with full effort for the stretch run. But will the Nats?Read more »
NLDS: NATIONALS VS. GIANTS
SAT: Game 2 at Washington, 5:37 p.m. (FS1)
MON: Game 3 at San Francisco, TBA (MLBN)
TUE: Game 4 at San Francisco, TBA (FS1)*
THU: Game 5 at Washington, TBA (FS1)*
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals draw Giants in NLDS after Wild Card win
- Braves' hitting coach resigns after trying season
- Game thread: Giants-Pirates battle to face Nats in NLDS
- Former Nats slugger Adam Dunn still plans to retire
- Giants or Pirates: who should Nats prefer to play in NLDS?
- How the '14 Nats are better than the '12 Nats
- Royals beat A's 9-8 in 12 in AL wild-card thriller
- 'Now the fun begins' - Nats enter postseason on a roll
- Game thread: Who will advance in AL Wild Card game?
- Bryce Harper to play showcase in Japan after MLB playoffs