Sep 13, 2010, 12:10 PM EST
The Nationals have reached the home stretch of the season, 19 games over 21 days to conclude a 2010 season that still could go either way.
A week ago, the Nats looked like a safe bet to reach 70 wins. But five straight losses, including a sweep at the hands of the Marlins over the weekend, leave them at 60-83. Now they need to finish 10-9 to get to 70 wins.
And that's going to be a challenge because the schedule is about to get rough. Beginning tonight in Atlanta, the Nationals will play 12 of their final 19 games against the contending Braves and Phillies.
Every game matters for those two teams, with the Phillies currently holding a 1-game lead in the NL East and the Braves narrowly leading the three NL West contenders (the Giants, Padres and Rockies) in the wild-card race. You know they'll be coming out with full effort for the stretch run. But will the Nats?Read more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals sign veteran infielder to minor league deal
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Stephen Strasburg's contract year
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Detroit Tigers
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Cleveland Indians
- Report: All-Star catcher Lucroy has Nats on no-trade list
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Max Scherzer more important in Year 2
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: An important year for Wilson Ramos
- NL East: Phillies add new alternate uniform for 2016 (PHOTOS)
- NL East: Marlins interested in adding another starting pitcher