Sep 14, 2010, 10:26 PM EDT
Jim Riggleman said the Nats hope to give Detwiler at least one more start before season's end, most likely sometime during a stretch of 13 games in 13 days that begins Friday in Philadelphia.
The Nationals could decide to have veteran Livan Hernandez skip a turn in the rotation, or they could insert Detwiler as a sixth starter and give everyone else an extra day off.
The sixth-overall pick in the country in 2007 out of Missouri State, Detwiler has long been touted as a potential long-term member of the Nationals' rotation. But he was inconsistent over 14 starts last season and has missed most of this season with a hip injury that required surgery in February.
Detwiler did make three starts in late-July and early-August before heading back to the disabled list with a recurrence of hip pain. He rejoined the club last week as a September call-up and has pitchedRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
FRI: Nats at Mariners, 10:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Mariners, 9:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Mariners, 4:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Dodgers, 8:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 4:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats extend contract with Single-A Hagerstown
- The Baseball Show: Williams for Manager of the Year?
- MLB Power Rankings: L.A. Angels flying high
- Mariners will have familiar face as manager vs. Nats this weekend
- Nats extend deal with Auburn Doubledays of NYP League
- Baseball in the District - MLB radio's Casey Stern & Todd Dybas
- Reason to worry about Nats after 3-game sweep?
- Back-to-back struggles by Fister surprise Nats
- Phillies sweep red-hot Nationals
- LIVE THREAD: Nationals, Fister face Phillies on the road