Sep 14, 2010, 4:25 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Ryan Zimmerman has hit the most home runs in Nationals history.
ATLANTA — While sitting around waiting to see if today will finally be the day Bob Watson renders a decision on Nyjer Morgan's suspension appeal, I've been playing around on baseball-reference.com's fantastic "Play Index" feature, which lets you look up all sorts of stats based on just about any criteria you can come up with.
Since the Nationals' sixth season is nearly complete — some of you might argue it's already over — it occurred to me that the franchise has been in D.C. long enough now to start compiling leaderboards in all the pertinent categories (home runs, RBI, wins, strikeouts, etc.). Some of the names will be obvious. Some will take you by surprise. Some will make you laugh. Some will make you cry.
So here you go: The Nats' all-time statistical leaders (2005-present)…
1. Ryan Zimmerman 116
2. Adam Dunn 72
3. Nick Johnson 49
4. Alfonso Soriano 46
5. Josh Willingham 40
6t. Austin Kearns 34
6t. Ryan Church 34
8. Jose Guillen 33
9. Willie Harris 28
10. Ronnie Belliard 27
1. Ryan Zimmerman 447
2. Nick Johnson 215
3. Adam Dunn 196
4. Cristian Guzman 177Read more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Injury updates on Zimmerman and Hairston
- Baseball in the District: Thom Loverro of ESPN 980 talks Nats
- Gio, Nationals try to avoid getting swept by Angels
- Nationals Stock Watch: Harper has rough week
- How secure is struggling Jordan's rotation spot?
- Pujols gets 500th, Nats fall to Angels
- Pujols launches 500th homer at Nationals' expense
- Who is the Nats best 8th inning option?
- Fister pitches 3 innings, on track for May 7 return
- Nats Game Thread: No rest for Desmond