Sep 15, 2010, 12:13 AM EDT
ATLANTA — The Nationals will host the Braves on Opening Day 2011, according to the schedule the club just released.
The Nats and Braves will meet on Thursday, March 31 as Major League Baseball moves its Opening Day up to a weekend series in an attempt to prevent the World Series from stretching into November.
Though the NL East is slated to face the AL West in interleague play, the Nats will face only the Mariners (at home) and Angels (on the road). Their other interleague series will be at the White Sox, plus the usual home-and-home Battle of the Beltways with the Orioles.
Here's the full 162-game schedule…
NATIONALS 2011 SCHEDULE
Home games in ALL CAPS, subject to change
MARCH 31 VS BRAVES
APRIL 2 VS BRAVES
APRIL 3 VS BRAVES
April 5 at Marlins
April 6 at Marlins
April 7 at Marlins
April 8 at Mets
April 9 at Mets
April 10 at Mets
APRIL 12 VS PHILLIESRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats aim for 3rd straight series win against Padres
- Around the NL East: Will the Mets ever lose again?
- Double play on 3-0 pitch kills Nationals' rally
- Gonzalez turns in uneven outing, drops third straight
- Furious rally falls short as Nationals lose to Padres 6-5
- Ramos catches Gonzalez for 1st time in months
- Nats seek first 4-game win streak in 2 months
- Strasburg keeps leading the charge for Nats rotation
- Nats Stock Watch: Rendon rediscovering his power stroke
- Quality at-bats propel Nationals to big win