Sep 15, 2010, 12:13 AM EDT
ATLANTA — The Nationals will host the Braves on Opening Day 2011, according to the schedule the club just released.
The Nats and Braves will meet on Thursday, March 31 as Major League Baseball moves its Opening Day up to a weekend series in an attempt to prevent the World Series from stretching into November.
Though the NL East is slated to face the AL West in interleague play, the Nats will face only the Mariners (at home) and Angels (on the road). Their other interleague series will be at the White Sox, plus the usual home-and-home Battle of the Beltways with the Orioles.
Here's the full 162-game schedule…
NATIONALS 2011 SCHEDULE
Home games in ALL CAPS, subject to change
MARCH 31 VS BRAVES
APRIL 2 VS BRAVES
APRIL 3 VS BRAVES
April 5 at Marlins
April 6 at Marlins
April 7 at Marlins
April 8 at Mets
April 9 at Mets
April 10 at Mets
APRIL 12 VS PHILLIESRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
Through Monday's games
NL PLAYOFFS STANDINGS
y-Clinched playoff berth
Through Monday's early games
TUE: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
THU: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Marlins at Nats (DH), 1:05 p.m., 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Marlins at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Marlins at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
(End of regular season)
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Yankees claim former Nats OF prospect off waivers
- State of the Nats: Final week before playoffs brings tough decisions
- Braves fire GM Frank Wren after missing playoff
- Report: Braves likely to make 'significant' changes this winter
- LaRoche: Nats unlikely to bring me back in '15
- PHOTO: Nats get hero's welcome at Dulles on Sunday night
- As October looms, Strasburg and Nats are peaking
- Strasburg solves struggles in Miami, Nats win 2-1
- Barrett's role expanding with September surge
- Strasburg starts, but several regulars sit today