Sep 15, 2010, 12:13 AM EDT
ATLANTA — The Nationals will host the Braves on Opening Day 2011, according to the schedule the club just released.
The Nats and Braves will meet on Thursday, March 31 as Major League Baseball moves its Opening Day up to a weekend series in an attempt to prevent the World Series from stretching into November.
Though the NL East is slated to face the AL West in interleague play, the Nats will face only the Mariners (at home) and Angels (on the road). Their other interleague series will be at the White Sox, plus the usual home-and-home Battle of the Beltways with the Orioles.
Here's the full 162-game schedule…
NATIONALS 2011 SCHEDULE
Home games in ALL CAPS, subject to change
MARCH 31 VS BRAVES
APRIL 2 VS BRAVES
APRIL 3 VS BRAVES
April 5 at Marlins
April 6 at Marlins
April 7 at Marlins
April 8 at Mets
April 9 at Mets
April 10 at Mets
APRIL 12 VS PHILLIESRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Former Senators pitcher Connie Marrero passes away
- Injury updates on Zimmerman and Hairston
- Baseball in the District: Thom Loverro of ESPN 980 talks Nats
- Gio, Nationals try to avoid getting swept by Angels
- Nationals Stock Watch: Harper has rough week
- How secure is struggling Jordan's rotation spot?
- Pujols gets 500th, Nats fall to Angels
- Pujols launches 500th homer at Nationals' expense
- Who is the Nats best 8th inning option?
- Fister pitches 3 innings, on track for May 7 return