Sep 21, 2010, 11:01 PM EDT
The Nationals entered the season with a three-headed, revolving door in right field: Willie Harris, Michael Morse and Willy Taveras.
Roger Bernadina? He opened the year at Class AAA Syracuse, having failed to capitalize on a spring training opportunity to win a spot on the big-league roster.
Six months later, the 26-year-old leads the Nats in playing time right field and ranks second only to Nyjer Morgan in playing time among all outfielders.
But does all that experience guarantee Bernadina a starting job in 2011? Not necessarily. The Nationals like much of what they’ve seen from the versatile outfielder during his first full season in the majors, but they haven’t quite seen enough yet to declare him an everyday player.
NL EAST STANDINGS
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Braves at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals hold on to beat Dodgers, open big series with win
- Phillies call up top prospect for September
- Nationals open big series in Los Angeles
- Astros fire manager Bo Porter, who came from Nats
- Nationals promote 6 players in September call-ups
- State of the Nats: Nationals-Dodgers could be playoff preview
- Nats' numbers in August were off the charts
- Three homers not enough in 5-3 Nationals loss to Seattle
- Nationals go for series sweep in Seattle
- Strasburg pitches gem as Nats beat Mariners 3-1