Sep 21, 2010, 11:01 PM EDT
The Nationals entered the season with a three-headed, revolving door in right field: Willie Harris, Michael Morse and Willy Taveras.
Roger Bernadina? He opened the year at Class AAA Syracuse, having failed to capitalize on a spring training opportunity to win a spot on the big-league roster.
Six months later, the 26-year-old leads the Nats in playing time right field and ranks second only to Nyjer Morgan in playing time among all outfielders.
But does all that experience guarantee Bernadina a starting job in 2011? Not necessarily. The Nationals like much of what they’ve seen from the versatile outfielder during his first full season in the majors, but they haven’t quite seen enough yet to declare him an everyday player.
NL EAST STANDINGS
TUE: Nats at Rockies, 8:40 p.m.
WED: Nats at Rockies, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Reds, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Reds, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Reds, 1:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Zimmermann returns to mound after injury
- Cliff Lee, A.J. Burnett also wouldn't mind being traded to the Nats
- Healthy Nationals lineup has become NL's best
- Around the NL East: Are the Phillies on the verge of a fire sale?
- Ian Desmond notches five hits, Nats rock Colorado
- Harper sits, Zimmerman in left as Nats face Rockies
- NL East: Lee and Cishek drawing interest on trade market
- Dan Uggla signs with the San Francisco Giants
- Nats fan sports 'Curly W' beard (PHOTO)
- State of the Nats: 9-game road trip begins Monday