Sep 21, 2010, 11:01 PM EST
The Nationals entered the season with a three-headed, revolving door in right field: Willie Harris, Michael Morse and Willy Taveras.
Roger Bernadina? He opened the year at Class AAA Syracuse, having failed to capitalize on a spring training opportunity to win a spot on the big-league roster.
Six months later, the 26-year-old leads the Nats in playing time right field and ranks second only to Nyjer Morgan in playing time among all outfielders.
But does all that experience guarantee Bernadina a starting job in 2011? Not necessarily. The Nationals like much of what they’ve seen from the versatile outfielder during his first full season in the majors, but they haven’t quite seen enough yet to declare him an everyday player.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals sign veteran infielder to minor league deal
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Detroit Tigers
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Cleveland Indians
- Report: All-Star catcher Lucroy has Nats on no-trade list
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Max Scherzer more important in Year 2
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: An important year for Wilson Ramos
- NL East: Phillies add new alternate uniform for 2016 (PHOTOS)
- NL East: Marlins interested in adding another starting pitcher
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Ben Revere fill void left by Span?