Sep 22, 2010, 7:40 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Jason Marquis faces Wandy Rodriguez tonight at Nationals Park.
Last night, the Nationals produced one of their best rallies of the season, scoring seven times with two outs in the bottom of the eighth to beat the Astros, 8-4. So Jim Riggleman is sticking with his same lineup for tonight's game. Why tinker with something that actually worked?
That does, however, mean Ivan Rodriguez will make back-to-back starts behind the plate for the first time in two weeks. Pudge has actually been pretty hot lately, with 11 hits in his last 31 at-bats, two homers and 12 RBI. Wilson Ramos, meanwhile, has done pretty well himself, with 8 hits in 27 at-bats (including two doubles and a homer) since his recall from Class AAA Syracuse at the beginning of the month.
Jason Marquis is on the mound tonight, hoping Friday night's implosion in Philadelphia in which he retired only one of nine batters was a bump in an otherwise smooth road back from elbow surgery. Left-hander Wandy Rodriguez starts for Houston.
Check back for updates throughout…
ASTROS at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Partly cloudy, 75 degrees, Wind 8 mph out to CF
2B Danny Espinosa
SS Ian Desmond
1B Adam Dunn
3B Ryan Zimmerman
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Winter Classic rink construction well underway at Nats Park
- Nats recall NLDS, watching Giants win World Series
- 'Baseball in the District' - Kurkjian, Zuckerman & Corcoran talk Nats
- How the Nats' trade impacts Desmond's future
- Nats trade Souza in 3-team deal, get Turner from Padres
- Report: Mets may not pitch Harvey vs. Nats on Opening Day
- Souza's name crops up in complex trade talks
- Clippard: 'I hope we all stay together for at least one more shot'
- Nats GM Mike Rizzo explains trading Detwiler; talks prospects
- Nats announce date pitchers and catchers will report to Viera