Sep 23, 2010, 5:40 PM EDT
Stan Kasten will resign as president of the Nationals at the end of the season, ending a tenure that began when the Lerner family took ownership of the franchise in 2006.
Kasten informed players of his pending departure during a pregame meeting in the Nationals Park clubhouse.
More to come…
UPDATE AT 3:07 P.M. — Kasten just spent 18 minutes talking to media members in the Nationals' dugout. The nuts-and-bolts…
– He said he told the Lerner family all along he would commit to five years, which ends at the end of this season. Said his decision is not a reflection of his relationship with the owners. "This is just about me," he said. "This has nothing to do with anybody else."
– He wouldn't reveal whether he'll retain his minority stake in ownership of the club, though he pointed out that if he ends up working for another MLB franchise, he'll be required to sell his share.
– He isn't classifying this as a retirement, though he doesn't intend to work immediately. "I don't feel like retiring," he said. "I'm going to doRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
FRI: Nats at Reds, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Reds, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Reds, 1:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Marlins, 12:40 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Ranking all 30 MLB ballparks
- 'Baseball in the District' - Bob Nightengale and Matt Skole
- Nationals Stock Watch: Strasburg's road struggles continue
- Aaron Barrett wins patriotic staring contest before Nats-Rockies game
- Depleted lineup can't complete sweep over Rockies in 6-4 loss
- Zimmerman placed on DL with hamstring strain
- Kevin Durant channels Werth, LaRoche in 'beard gang' photo
- Strasburg tries to pitch depleted Nats to sweep
- Nationals have to deal with latest Zimmerman injury
- Adam LaRoche notches three hits, Nats down Rockies