Sep 24, 2010, 3:09 PM EST
With all the attention on Stan Kasten's resignation announcement yesterday, plenty of other stuff fell through the cracks. So let's pick them up and run through some of the leftovers we didn't get to yesterday…
MICHAEL MORSE KEEPS ON HITTING
So much for the theory that everyone's favorite part-time player can't thrive in an everyday role. Morse has been in the Nationals' lineup in 23 of their last 25 games, and all he's done is hit .366 with eight doubles, four homers, 14 RBI, a .447 on-base percentage and a stout 1.081 OPS.
Baseball is a game of constant adjustments, and clearly Morse has managed to adjust to whatever pitchers were starting to do to him the more he played.
"It's a totally different game when you're playing every day," he said. "You're getting a lot of at-bats. They're learning how to pitch to you. You can make little adjustments during the game. But at the same time, you don't want to change your approach and feed into what
Read more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Giolito & Turner, Nats' farm system ranked highly by Baseball America
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Rivero build off strong rookie year?
- Nats 2016 promo schedule includes figurine of Werth and his dog
- NL East: Mets closer permanently banned by MLB for PEDs
- Bryce Harper: 'I'm a big fan of what Kirk Cousins did this year'
- NL East: Mets' ace says he's open to contract extension
- Bryce Harper on potential for $400M contract: 'Don't sell me short'
- Why does free agent Ian Desmond still remain unsigned?
- Nationals to give out Bryce Harper Chia Pets in 2016
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Is Gott ready for a late-innings role?