Sep 24, 2010, 3:09 PM EDT
With all the attention on Stan Kasten's resignation announcement yesterday, plenty of other stuff fell through the cracks. So let's pick them up and run through some of the leftovers we didn't get to yesterday…
MICHAEL MORSE KEEPS ON HITTING
So much for the theory that everyone's favorite part-time player can't thrive in an everyday role. Morse has been in the Nationals' lineup in 23 of their last 25 games, and all he's done is hit .366 with eight doubles, four homers, 14 RBI, a .447 on-base percentage and a stout 1.081 OPS.
Baseball is a game of constant adjustments, and clearly Morse has managed to adjust to whatever pitchers were starting to do to him the more he played.
"It's a totally different game when you're playing every day," he said. "You're getting a lot of at-bats. They're learning how to pitch to you. You can make little adjustments during the game. But at the same time, you don't want to change your approach and feed into what
Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
WED: Nats at Rockies, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Reds, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Reds, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Reds, 1:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals have to deal with latest Zimmerman injury
- Adam LaRoche notches three hits, Nats down Rockies
- Zimmermann returns to mound after injury
- Cliff Lee, A.J. Burnett also wouldn't mind being traded to the Nats
- Healthy Nationals lineup has become NL's best
- Around the NL East: Are the Phillies on the verge of a fire sale?
- Ian Desmond notches five hits, Nats rock Colorado
- Harper sits, Zimmerman in left as Nats face Rockies
- NL East: Lee and Cishek drawing interest on trade market
- Dan Uggla signs with the San Francisco Giants