Sep 25, 2010, 2:44 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nationals try to extend their season-high winning streak to five games today.
Flying high on their first four-game winning streak of the season, the Nationals get a familiar face back in their lineup today. No, not Ryan Zimmerman, who is still battling a strained ribcage. But Nyjer Morgan is back from his eight-game suspension, determined to put the controversies of the past month behind him and finish out his season on a high note.
Yunesky Maya also would like to finish out on a high note. Making his fourth career start, he's still seeking his first career win. Maya will be facing a Braves lineup that already beat him 12 days ago at Turner Field.
As most of you know by now, I'm attending today's game but not covering it from the press box. My wife and I will be watching from Section 409 in the upper deck. Many of you have already said you'll be stopping by to say hello. Hope many more of you can make it as well. We're hoping to be in our seats by 12:15 p.m. in case people want to come by pregame and then head back to their regular seats in time for first pitch. Of course, everyone's welcome to stay up in 409 and watch the game with us (provided you're not taking up someone else's paid seat).
See you at the ballpark…
BRAVES at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 1:05 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Sunny, 84 degrees, Wind 11 mph out to CF
CF Nyjer Morgan
LF Roger Bernadina
SS Ian Desmond
1B Adam Dunn
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- PHOTO: Max Scherzer takes out full-page ad to thank Tigers fans
- Braves claim former Nats prospect off waivers from Yankees
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Anthony Rendon
- Former Nats pitcher Ross Ohlendorf follows Detwiler to Rangers
- PHOTOS: Bryce Harper attends Clippers game, meets Blake Griffin
- Big decisions to make for Nats after Scherzer signing
- Scherzer talked to Fister, Thornton before joining Nationals
- Ichiro Suzuki, former Nats OF Jonny Gomes land in NL East
- Boras' 'internal rating' system says Nats have MLB's best rotation
- Nationals sign former All-Star reliever to minor league deal