Sep 25, 2010, 4:21 AM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Adam Dunn clubbed two homers and drove in five runs tonight.
The chant started in the upper deck, behind the plate, right after Adam Dunn mashed his first home run of the night. By the time he crossed the plate again one inning later with his second blast of the game, it had grown in decibel level.
"Sign Adam Dunn! Sign Adam Dunn!"
The big guy could hear it, and he appreciates the sentiment.
"Like I said all along, it's really good to feel wanted," he said. "I mean, who doesn't want that feeling? You really can't put that kind of thing into words. That's special."
If Dunn, sitting in the first-base dugout at Nationals Park, could hear the chant, surely Mike Rizzo and Mark Lerner sitting a few feet away in the front row could hear it as well. The fans' preference in this matter has been known for some time. More and more, it appears Dunn (who carried his team to an 8-3 win over the Braves with two homers and five RBI) shares their passion.
"It's starting to become home," he said. "The way the fans have received me, it's good. I don't know how else to put it. That'sRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Werth could be out months after new test results on left wrist
- ‘Baseball in the District’ – Al Galdi and Daniel Shiferaw
- Stars shine in Nats' 9th straight series win
- Harper, Scherzer power Nationals past Cubs
- Nats Stock Watch: Scherzer showing why he's the ace
- One more category Bryce Harper leads the NL in
- Some good, some really ugly in Nats loss
- Cubs' farm team trolls Nats, Wizards after walk-off win
- Around the NL East: Another week of drama for the Marlins
- Nationals lose tough one on walk-off vs. Cubs