Sep 27, 2010, 7:37 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Phillies will try to clinch the NL East tonight, if weather permits.
As you can see from the above photo, the weather isn't very conducive to baseball today. It's been raining on and off all day, and it promises to continue all night. That said, there figure to be periods of heavy rain, periods of light rain and periods of no rain throughout the evening, so my hunch is that they'll try their best to get tonight's game in.
If and when they do play, Roy Halladay will be looking to pitch the Phillies to their fourth consecutive NL East title. This is what they acquired the right-hander for, so it's only appropriate he's starting this game. John Lannan starts for the Nationals, hoping his late-season surge helps put an end to his long-time struggles against the Phillies (he's 0-7 with a 6.06 ERA in 10 career head-to-head starts).
For the fifth straight game, the Nats will be without Ryan Zimmerman, whose strained ribcage muscle has not healed yet to the point he can play without risking serious injury. With each passing day, it looks more likely that Zim won't be returning to play this season.
Check back for both weather and game updates throughout…
PHILLIES at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Thunderstorms, 75 degrees, Wind 14 mph RF to LF
2B Danny Espinosa
CF Nyjer Morgan
SS Ian Desmond
1B Adam Dunn
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats sign veteran Heath Bell to minor-league deal
- Report: Phillies may target Cabrera to replace Rollins
- Significant moment No. 10: Roark makes rotation
- USO tour was "life-changing" for Nats' Fister
- Trade official, Turner can't join Nats til June
- Jerry Blevins on Japan, hoping for better results with Nats in 2015
- Moore, Taylor hope to be in mix for Nats' bench spots
- Report: Braves continue makeover, trade star OF Justin Upton
- Drew Storen goes 1-on-1 with Mark Zuckerman at NatsFest
- Winter Classic rink construction well underway at Nats Park