Sep 27, 2010, 10:19 PM EST
Though he’s still holding out hope that his strained ribcage muscle might heal in the next few days, Ryan Zimmerman most likely won’t return to play for the Nationals before season’s end.
Zimmerman, who is out of the Nationals’ lineup tonight for the fifth straight day, seems resigned to the fact he won’t have enough time to heal.
“It’s frustrating,” he said. “You always want to finish the season. We’ve been together the whole time, and we’ve been through some tough times. Obviously you want to finish with these guys. It’s tough.”
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Roark makes emergency start vs. Astros
- Fister scratched from start with elbow inflammation
- Doug Flutie took batting practice at Nats spring training (VIDEO)
- Marlins complain about Red Sox spring lineup, get apology
- Dr. Jobe's impact on baseball was immeasurable
- Zimmermann throws three scoreless in Nats' 3-2 loss
- Zimmermann squares off with Braves again
- 2014 Washington Nationals fantasy baseball preview
- Phillies Cole Hamels suffers setback, April looks doubtful
- Projecting Nats' roster midway through spring