Sep 27, 2010, 10:19 PM EDT
Though he’s still holding out hope that his strained ribcage muscle might heal in the next few days, Ryan Zimmerman most likely won’t return to play for the Nationals before season’s end.
Zimmerman, who is out of the Nationals’ lineup tonight for the fifth straight day, seems resigned to the fact he won’t have enough time to heal.
“It’s frustrating,” he said. “You always want to finish the season. We’ve been together the whole time, and we’ve been through some tough times. Obviously you want to finish with these guys. It’s tough.”
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats ride strong pitching to shutout win
- Scherzer on mound as Nats try to take series
- Papelbon aiming for saves record, hopes to co-exist with Storen
- On Harper's blasts and Nats' new-look pen
- Report: Phillies trade Cole Hamels to AL West team
- Mets SS cries on field after learning of trade that didn't happen
- Harper homers twice into upper deck, Nats beat Marlins 7-2
- Report: Mets' trade for All-Star falls through
- Marlins get payback, play fart noises during Nats batting practice
- Nats hope to bounce back in Miami with Fister starting