Sep 27, 2010, 10:19 PM EST
Though he’s still holding out hope that his strained ribcage muscle might heal in the next few days, Ryan Zimmerman most likely won’t return to play for the Nationals before season’s end.
Zimmerman, who is out of the Nationals’ lineup tonight for the fifth straight day, seems resigned to the fact he won’t have enough time to heal.
“It’s frustrating,” he said. “You always want to finish the season. We’ve been together the whole time, and we’ve been through some tough times. Obviously you want to finish with these guys. It’s tough.”
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Braves claim former Nats prospect off waivers from Yankees
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Anthony Rendon
- Former Nats pitcher Ross Ohlendorf follows Detwiler to Rangers
- PHOTOS: Bryce Harper attends Clippers game, meets Blake Griffin
- Big decisions to make for Nats after Scherzer signing
- Scherzer talked to Fister, Thornton before joining Nationals
- Ichiro Suzuki, former Nats OF Jonny Gomes land in NL East
- Boras' 'internal rating' system says Nats have MLB's best rotation
- Nationals sign former All-Star reliever to minor league deal
- Scherzer signing shows Nats' continued growth as a franchise