Sep 27, 2010, 10:19 PM EDT
Though he’s still holding out hope that his strained ribcage muscle might heal in the next few days, Ryan Zimmerman most likely won’t return to play for the Nationals before season’s end.
Zimmerman, who is out of the Nationals’ lineup tonight for the fifth straight day, seems resigned to the fact he won’t have enough time to heal.
“It’s frustrating,” he said. “You always want to finish the season. We’ve been together the whole time, and we’ve been through some tough times. Obviously you want to finish with these guys. It’s tough.”
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Bryce Harper benched in Nats' loss to Cardinals for 'lack of hustle'
- Anthony Rendon error costs Nationals in loss to Cardinals
- Nats activate Denard Span from 7-day DL, option Steven Souza, Jr.
- Zimmermann, Nats look for two in a row vs. Cardinals
- Drew Storen comes through in Nats' 3-1 win over Cardinals
- Nationals respond to Williams' challenge, beat Cards
- Nats strike early on Wacha, beat Cardinals 3-1
- Span to join Nats on Saturday after second rehab game
- Ramos takes first swings since breaking left hand
- Denard Span on track to return to Nats this weekend