Sep 27, 2010, 10:19 PM EST
Though he’s still holding out hope that his strained ribcage muscle might heal in the next few days, Ryan Zimmerman most likely won’t return to play for the Nationals before season’s end.
Zimmerman, who is out of the Nationals’ lineup tonight for the fifth straight day, seems resigned to the fact he won’t have enough time to heal.
“It’s frustrating,” he said. “You always want to finish the season. We’ve been together the whole time, and we’ve been through some tough times. Obviously you want to finish with these guys. It’s tough.”
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- USO tour was "life-changing" for Nats' Fister
- Trade official, Turner can't join Nats til June
- Jerry Blevins on Japan, hoping for better results with Nats in 2015
- Moore, Taylor hope to be in mix for Nats' bench spots
- Report: Braves continue makeover, trade star OF Justin Upton
- Drew Storen goes 1-on-1 with Mark Zuckerman at NatsFest
- Winter Classic rink construction well underway at Nats Park
- Nats recall NLDS, watching Giants win World Series
- 'Baseball in the District' - Kurkjian, Zuckerman & Corcoran talk Nats
- How the Nats' trade impacts Desmond's future