Sep 27, 2010, 10:19 PM EDT
Though he’s still holding out hope that his strained ribcage muscle might heal in the next few days, Ryan Zimmerman most likely won’t return to play for the Nationals before season’s end.
Zimmerman, who is out of the Nationals’ lineup tonight for the fifth straight day, seems resigned to the fact he won’t have enough time to heal.
“It’s frustrating,” he said. “You always want to finish the season. We’ve been together the whole time, and we’ve been through some tough times. Obviously you want to finish with these guys. It’s tough.”
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Still finding his groove, Werth gets night off
- Strasburg tries to lead Nats to 4th straight win
- Roark passes another test with save against Marlins
- A blast and a bloop keep red-hot Nats rolling
- Around the NL East: Are the Mets falling back to earth?
- Nats bats come alive late in 6-4 win over Marlins
- Reed Johnson has surgery, could be out a while
- Barrett seizing setup role but watching workload
- Janssen close to big step in rehab from shoulder tendinitis
- Rendon diagnosed with new injury, shut down by Nats doctors