Sep 28, 2010, 3:52 AM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Phillies fans serenade their team during tonight's division-clinching win.
Inside the visitors … er, actually make that the home clubhouse at Nationals Park, players quietly showered, dressed and left. A few sat in front of their lockers and stewed, clearly upset by what was transpiring over on the other side of the building and in the stands above the third-base dugout, where Phillies fans refused to stop celebrating their team's division-clinching victory.
As if the sight of a visiting team celebrating in the middle of the diamond wasn't tough enough to stomach, throw in several thousand of their fans, who dominated the ballpark all night to the point this felt like anything but a home game for the Nationals.
"Damn, it was a lot louder at our place than it was at their place when we go there," Nyjer Morgan said. "It felt like it was a home game for the Phillies."
"It was kind of embarrassing," Ian Desmond added. "Everyone in the stadium is clapping against you, and you're at home. It's not really where you want to be."
No, nothing about what transpired on South Capitol Street should be acceptable to the Nationals or their fans. The scene around this 8-0 thumping at the hands of the Phillies was both embarrassing and yetRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Lucas Giolito
- A reason for fans of each MLB team to be thankful
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Trea Turner
- Bud Black joins Angels after missing out on Nats' manager job
- Baseball in the District – How will Nats rebuild their bullpen?
- Nats bring Henley back as third base coach
- Nats roster review: Matt Thornton
- Report: Nats interested in trading Papelbon and Storen
- Is O'Day worth the price tag to the Nationals?
- Nationals roster review: Aaron Barrett