Sep 28, 2010, 7:43 PM EDT
Stephen Strasburg just held a conference call with reporters, updating everyone on his recovery from Tommy John surgery for the first time since undergoing the procedure on September 3.
I'll have a full story on CSNwashington.com later this afternoon, but among the highlights from Strasburg…
— He had the cast removed from his right arm two weeks ago and has since been working on getting his range of motion back. He'll start the actual rehab process shortly. "It's healing very nicely."
— So far, everything has gone according to plan. The recovery process from the ligament replacement surgery is so detailed, doctors have each of Strasburg's steps mapped out for the next 12 months, right down to the day he'll throw a professional pitch again. Strasburg said he hasn't been surprised by any aspect of the process to this point, which he's been told is a good thing. "The more boring it is, the better," he said.
— With all this time off, Strasburg is resuming his academic career and continues to pursue his degree at San Diego State.
— Strasburg said he's been watching the Nats closely since leaving them, though it's tough to watch his teammates and know he can't be there to assist. He did watch last night's debacle, saying: "It didn't look too good, that's for sure. It happens. Unfortunately, we weren'tRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Many unknowns in Strasburg's latest injury
- Strasburg placed on the 15-day DL with oblique strain
- For Nats, second half begins with high expectations
- Strasburg exits early in Nationals' 9-3 win
- Strasburg leaves game early due to apparent injury
- Harper on using patriotic bat on the Fourth: "Why not?"
- Nats rolling out special Fourth of July uniforms vs. Giants
- Robinson's seventh-inning homer good enough for 2-1 win
- Gonzalez heads to the mound to start series vs. Giants
- Williams got Division Series out of mind quickly