Sep 28, 2010, 7:43 PM EDT
Stephen Strasburg just held a conference call with reporters, updating everyone on his recovery from Tommy John surgery for the first time since undergoing the procedure on September 3.
I'll have a full story on CSNwashington.com later this afternoon, but among the highlights from Strasburg…
– He had the cast removed from his right arm two weeks ago and has since been working on getting his range of motion back. He'll start the actual rehab process shortly. "It's healing very nicely."
– So far, everything has gone according to plan. The recovery process from the ligament replacement surgery is so detailed, doctors have each of Strasburg's steps mapped out for the next 12 months, right down to the day he'll throw a professional pitch again. Strasburg said he hasn't been surprised by any aspect of the process to this point, which he's been told is a good thing. "The more boring it is, the better," he said.
– With all this time off, Strasburg is resuming his academic career and continues to pursue his degree at San Diego State.
– Strasburg said he's been watching the Nats closely since leaving them, though it's tough to watch his teammates and know he can't be there to assist. He did watch last night's debacle, saying: "It didn't look too good, that's for sure. It happens. Unfortunately, we weren'tRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nationals respond to Williams' challenge, beat Cards
- Nats strike early on Wacha, beat Cardinals 3-1
- Span to join Nats on Saturday after second rehab game
- Ramos takes first swings since breaking left hand
- Denard Span on track to return to Nats this weekend
- Nats call up Xavier Cedeno, send Blake Treinen to Syracuse
- Nationals need a bounce-back vs. Cardinals
- Errors cost Nationals in ugly loss to Cardinals
- The Baseball Show: How can Strasburg turn it around?
- Bryce Harper travels through time in new ad (VIDEO)