Sep 29, 2010, 7:38 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
If the weather cooperates, the Nats will play their home finale tonight.
And so we have arrived at the final home game of the season. Or least the final scheduled home game of the season. As you can see, the tarp is back on the field and the forecast doesn't look promising. Rain throughout the evening, though weather.com actually predicts "light rain" between 7 p.m. and 10 p.m., as opposed to the heavier stuff that's supposed to arrive later. If they somehow can't play tonight, they'll announce a makeup game for 1 p.m. tomorrow. But with even heavier rain and wind expected tomorrow from this tropical storm making its way up the East Coast, I can't imagine they'd have any chance of playing tomorrow. So it's entirely possible the Nats will finish the season with 161 games for the second time in three years.
If they do ever play this game, Ross Detwiler will be starting for the Nationals, looking to continue his late-season upswing and once again give the organization reason to consider him for next year's rotation. It's basically the same situation Detwiler found himself in a year ago. Perhaps he'll be able to take advantage of the opportunity this time around.
No Ryan Zimmerman in the Nats' lineup for the seventh straight day. Adam Dunn, of course, is in his familiar cleanup spot for what could be his final home game as a National.
Weather and game updates to come, so check back throughout the afternoon and evening…
PHILLIES at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Rain, 79 degrees, Wind 6 mph in from RF
CF Nyjer Morgan
2B Danny Espinosa
SS Ian Desmond
1B Adam Dunn
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Kansas City Royals
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Will Michael Taylor become an everyday outfielder?
- Dusty Baker on Nationals: "Why not now, and why not me?"
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Houston Astros
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Tanner Roark bounce back as a starter?
- Craig Stammen signs minor league deal with Cleveland
- Report: Tyler Clippard signs deal with NL West club
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Los Angeles Dodgers
- Bryce Harper shows off Redskins hat en route to Super Bowl
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Joe Ross take the next step?