Sep 30, 2010, 7:31 PM EDT
Updated with new deadlines for arbitration and non-tenders
The players union just announced some changes to their collective bargaining agreement with MLB that will alter the manner in which many offseason moves are completed, particularly with free agents.
Among the changes announced…
— All players eligible for free agency will become free agents without the need to elect it.
— The window for current clubs to have exclusive negotiating rights with their own pending free agents has been reduced from 15 days after the World Series to only five days.
— The deadline for the original team to offer arbitration has moved up to November 23 (from December 1), and the deadline for players to accept has been moved up to November 30 (from December 7).
— The deadline for clubs to make decisions on tenders and non-tenders has been moved up to December 2 (from December 12).
Here's the key point as it relates to the Nationals: Their window toRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Former Nats player to interview for open manager job
- Mets, Cubs aim to clinch NLCS berths as playoffs continue
- Report: Nats interviewed former All-Star for manager position
- Nationals roster review: Michael Taylor
- Trio of Nats coaches will remain in organization
- MLB Playoffs continue with 4 Division Series games
- Roster review: Bryce Harper
- Important offseason dates to consider for the Nationals
- Ripken on Nats manager job: 'I'd answer the phone'
- Both ALDS shift to Texas for Game 3s