Oct 1, 2010, 7:35 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The rain should clear from Citi Field in time for tonight's game.
NEW YORK — As you can tell from the above photo, I made it to Citi Field safe and sound after Mother Nature (and United Airlines) threw a wrench into my travel plans this morning. But you'll be happy to know the drive was incredible smooth — made it door to door in 4 1/2 hours, which has to be a record or something. Thanks to everyone for the words of encouragement and support along the way.
As you can also tell from the above photo, it's raining here in the Big Apple. We're experiencing the last stages of the tropical storm that swept through D.C. yesterday. The good news is it's all supposed to clear out well before gametime, so we should be good to go at 7:10 p.m. as scheduled.
Not exactly a pair of "A" lineups from either team for the first game of this season-closing series. Feels more like a split-squad game in Port St. Lucie. But it'll be interesting as always to see Jordan Zimmermann pitch and see if he can end his season on a high note.
Updates to come throughout, so be sure to check back along the way…
NATIONALS at METS
Where: Citi Field
Gametime: 7:10 p.m.
Radio: WFED-1500 AM, WWFD-820 AM
Weather: Mostly cloudy, 61 degrees, Wind 14 mph in from LF
2B Danny Espinosa
CF Nyjer Morgan
SS Ian Desmond
1B Adam Dunn
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Ian Desmond discusses team expectations and future with Nats
- Eventful BP for Harper, update on Werth in Tuesday's workout
- Desmond, Rendon like what they see from Zimmerman at 1B
- Scherzer to start exhibition opener vs. Mets
- Bryce Harper does a pretty epic videobomb on Anthony Rendon
- ESPN throws shade on Nats' jerseys, calling them among worst in MLB
- On the cusp of majors, Taylor bides his time
- Mets pitcher really, really does not like defensive shifts
- Dodgers sign former Phillies free agent bust
- Nats sign son of MLB legend to minor-league deal