Oct 1, 2010, 1:18 PM EDT
So, you want to be a sportswriter? Let me assure you, the life’s not nearly as glamorous as you think.
Especially when your flight from Dulles to LaGuardia gets canceled because of a tropical storm. And the earliest they can guarantee you a seat on another flight is at 10 p.m.
Yes, it’s been quite a morning already here at the Insider. Obviously, I’ve got to get to Citi Field by mid-afternoon. I contemplated taking the train up there, but from where I live in western Fairfax County, it’s a major hassle just to get to Union Station. And even then, I’d end up at Penn Station in Manhattan, needing to take two more trains to get out to Queens.
So, I’m packing up the CR-V and hitting the Great American Road, just like I did back in February for my trek down to Viera. I suppose it’s only fitting to end this unusual season the same way I began it.
Hopefully, you’ll be reading something from me with a New York dateline later this afternoon. Wish me luck.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Braves fear both Medlen and Beachy need Tommy John
- Nats' Jordan takes on fearsome Tigers lineup
- Mets Wheeler admits it's hard not to think about 2015
- The Baseball Show: How good will Bryce Harper be in 2014?
- Podcast: Baseball in The District - Sammy Solis talks spring
- Harper, Detwiler lead Nationals against Mets
- Purke, Taylor among latest round of Nats cuts
- Has Jimmy Rollins been benched in Philly?
- Roark gives up 3 runs in Nats loss
- Nationals split up to face Astros, Braves