Oct 1, 2010, 1:18 PM EDT
So, you want to be a sportswriter? Let me assure you, the life’s not nearly as glamorous as you think.
Especially when your flight from Dulles to LaGuardia gets canceled because of a tropical storm. And the earliest they can guarantee you a seat on another flight is at 10 p.m.
Yes, it’s been quite a morning already here at the Insider. Obviously, I’ve got to get to Citi Field by mid-afternoon. I contemplated taking the train up there, but from where I live in western Fairfax County, it’s a major hassle just to get to Union Station. And even then, I’d end up at Penn Station in Manhattan, needing to take two more trains to get out to Queens.
So, I’m packing up the CR-V and hitting the Great American Road, just like I did back in February for my trek down to Viera. I suppose it’s only fitting to end this unusual season the same way I began it.
Hopefully, you’ll be reading something from me with a New York dateline later this afternoon. Wish me luck.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Phillies could hire MLB's first female general manager
- October madness: All 4 MLB division playoff series in action
- After a disappointing 2015, what's next for the Nats?
- Both AL Division Series get started on Thursday
- ‘Baseball in the District’ – Mark Zuckerman on a big offseason
- What was the turning point for the 2015 Nationals?
- What went wrong for the Nationals in 2015?
- Desmond posts letter to Nationals fans on Twitter
- Miami to adjust dimensions at Marlins Park
- Astros, Yankees kick off playoffs in AL Wild Card game